Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking legal action possible?

(Topic created on: 12-07-2023 01:10 AM)
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
I have a feeling samsung are using the 'planned obsolescence' method to make people get rid of their older phones and buy newer models. Just this year samsung have destroyed 2 devices worth almost 2000 pounds in total. My watch 4 Pro got bricked after January update and now s21 ultra 512gb is having restart/loop issues after june update, which the July update solved for a day! The hassle and stress of dealing with this and losing out on work due to it restarting at important moments.. all this seems to happen just after the two year warranty is over.. inhabe tried contacting samsung but it's been over a week and no reply... now is it possible to take legal action against samsung bearing in mind their 2000 pounds worth of products didn't last barely 2 years, I'm sure there has to be some consumer protection rules against this? If not why wouldn't apple and Samsung and co do this to every phone after 2 years? 
3 REPLIES 3
ScottishJP
First Poster
Options
hey not sure if samsung are doing anything at there end (wouldnt surprise me after the apple drama with this stuff) but my first ever product(s) from samsung was the z fold 3 and the watch that came out same year, my expierence with phone isnt great, the screen protecor on the front pealed off, ive had to send it in three times now as the phone kept breaking when it was trying to apply updates to the point the last one i had went to a blue screen of death. But one thing i will say on samsungs behalf everytime i have had to deal with customer support ect they have always arranged for my phone to be fixed and ive yet to be charged for any of it as samsung admited it was a problem at there end(im not a fan boy by the way all my other android phones were the cheap companies such as huwaei before they got poppular so on) if i was to upgrade my phone id not go back to samsung i dont think but tbh i am thinking of keeping my phone after its contract as i dont care about the new stuff phones so on are all rediculasly priced now there coming out at the prices of mid end gaming PC's in the uk atleast.
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey there @Scoobs222, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your phone and your watch. Our Technical Support Teams are always on hand for troubleshooting & repair support. You can reach out to our Teams over the phone or on Social Media/Live Chat for a quicker response. You'll find their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/contact2/ 

If you would rather go at your own pace, you can go through your troubleshooting journey, and book a repair if necessary, here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

We will be able to get this sorted for you. 🙂

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
I tried ALL the troubleshooting, soft/hard reset, change battery... its out of warranty so will technical support help?
0 Likes