Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All notifications from this app are blocked

(Topic created on: 24-09-2023 03:24 PM)
Members_xcQjIq9
Apprentice
Options

I have downloaded an app called Mezurio which won't function without notifications.  However the app does not appear under Notifications in Settings.  When I choose "all system apps" it does then show, but won't allow me to switch on notifications - it stays greyed out and gives the message in the subject title above.

I have the latest Android software and the app is the current version.  I have rebooted the phone and uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Has anyone any bright ideas, please?

76 REPLIES 76
PaulM1
Options

That's strange, @Members_xcQjIq9. Have you consulted the guide below (from Samsung US) to see if the steps help you to allow notifications from the app?:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062618/

If the issue persists, however, then you might need to liaise with the app developer via the details provided on its Google Play Store app listing.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Members_xcQjIq9
Apprentice
Options

Hi PaulM1, I had found that advice before posting, so thank you but I'm afraid it doesn't help.

I have emailed the app developer as it does look as though the problem is at that end, although strangely there are no app reviews or other results on a web search that suggests anyone else has had that problem!

Any further suggestions would be fab, and thank you again.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_xcQjIq9: Try heading to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Permissions > App notifications > Allowed. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Members_xcQjIq9
Apprentice
Options

Thank you AndrewL, I tried this before but notifications is not one of the options under that app.  I also went through Settings/Notifications and the app isn't shown under "All", only if I select "system apps", when it shows but does not permit me to toggle to Allow Notifications as this remains greyed out.

A mystery!  I'll report back if the developer gets back to me.

Brunzwick
Student
Options

I have this same issue with the "Bands in Town" application. It began after I installed the August 1 Security Patch on August 25.

Screenshot_20230911_200312_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230911_210109_Software update.jpg

This application sends me emails in addition to push notifications and I can review the notifications that I should have received within the app itself. Prior to this update, I was receiving notifications without issue. If I check the notifications settings within the application, I have them selected.

Screenshot_20230911_210316_Bandsintown.jpg

If I check the notification settings within the system settings, I see that not only do I not have an option to enable notifications, I see that the notification permissions are not available to be granted to the application, meaning that the permissions are denied for this application to send notifications within Android.

Screenshot_20230911_210258_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230911_210320_Settings.jpg

I have deleted the app data and cache, uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, and the reinstalled it and I am still prevented from enabling notifications. Again, without the ability to grant the application the notification permissions within Android, it will never be able to send notifications. Here is an example of an application that is working correctly. As you can see, the app has the notifications permissions and notifications are allowed. Bands in Town is completely prevented from being granted those permissions.

Screenshot_20230911_211207_Settings.jpg

Can you please verify if you have the same issue granting the Mezurio app the notification permissions and can you please confirm if you have installed the August 1 security update? 

tamas_hegedus
Student
Options

Hey! I have an app called Emby, it shows notifications on my Lenovo tablet but not on my Samsung tablet. Symptoms are the same, there is no "App notifications" item under app permissions. I also see "All notifications from this app are blocked" if I go through the other route, under Notification settings / all system apps.

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
One UI 5.1.1
Android 13
Kernel 4.14.190-perf-27102101-abP613XXU4BWH3

0 Likes
tamas_hegedus
Student
Options

Happens with the Emby app too. On my Lenovo tablet, the notifications show, on my Samsung tablet they don't, and there Is no way to enable them.

0 Likes
xinos
Student
Options

I am having the exact same problem as described in OP's post with the Clash Royale app. Seeing this thread makes it seem as if it's a problem on Android's end.

Mufaddal
Apprentice
Options

Having the exact same problem but with Hay Day app. Any solutions so far?