Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in - not up to standard. .. what next.

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 05:14 PM)
Gwen92
Apprentice
Options

Hello , Please help, I received an email from presumably SAMSUNG - MACROEV, asking for more money as my trade in was not up to scratch, i thought my trade in was old but nothing terrible about it.

anyway the email looks a little funny, as in it has big colourful writing, and  was centered in the middle of the screen.  It asks me to email samsung@macroev.com for procedure to send more money.  It does have my order no on the email. 

I looked up macroev and although it is the same address as Exertis, who the phone was sent back to, they would not answer my phonecall. and an email bounced back from info@macroev.com. which was on the website. 

Exertis website, comes up with an error. 

I have my new phone, but still want to abide by the terms and conditions of the trade in, I just have an uneasy feeling about the email.   

The UK Samsung help desk were not helpful. 

has anyone had to pay more money and how was it done. 

Regards

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Gwen92: I'm not sure about the email addresses used to contact customers for the Trade In Programme, however I can confirm that we use MTR Group Limited to inspect existing devices.  If you have any concerns about the inspection of your existing device, or wish to discuss the result of this inspection, please contact MTR on 0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Gwen92
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Andrew, unfortunately  i am in Ireland and the uk helpdesk, could not assist me. 

I was looking on this forum to see if anyone had to send in more money in Ireland, for a below par trade in phone. 

0 Likes
Members_SaDuNhE
Apprentice
Options
I am not the only having issues with exertis I can see. Exertis demanding from me CVV last 3 digits from my bank card for a refund and when prompted why they just ignore. Now thats customer service. They look dodgy. I wish you luck Gwen
0 Likes