Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiping Cache partition not working

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 12:03 PM)
s0niah
Explorer
Options

Aagh! Help!. My Samsung A51 storage is 99% full with the system storage being 121GB out of a total of 128. I have wiped cache partition and rebooted but it hasnt changed

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Hey S0niah,

Wiping the cache isn't the only way to free up data - in many cases, it's not substantially huge and usually only worth wiping if you're having issues with something like an app not working or the phone not functioning as expected.

Have a look at this: How to clear or free up internal storage on your phone | Samsung UK

You should be able to clear some space!

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes as @SocietyGirl has said.
Cashe Data is only old data, cookies etc
Have a look in battery and device care
Go into storage and see what is using up the memory storage.
Things like photos and videos can take up a majority of the storage.
Consider using online cloud storage to save photos and videos to. Then you can clear that space on your phone.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Assume it has a microSD slot, get a Samsung branded one, i stopped using them 2 years ago and jumped into One Drive.

Cloud storage is now the norm, but microSD is better until you loose your phone or the card gets corrupted (very common), if you go with a card you can install apps like apps2sd, so your moving as much off your mobile memory onto the card.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
s0niah
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20230222_151349_My Files.jpg

0 Likes