Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screenshot turns volume down

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 07:10 PM)
Leo842
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Im having trouble with screenshots on my Galaxy A70.

When I press power + volume down it takes the screenshot but then proceeds to turn the volume down. Its like the button is being held, even if I try to turn it back up it still keeps going down for a while.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leo842
Journeyman
Options

I fixed it in the end. I had an app called MacroDroid installed, although I checked all the options and saw nothing that linked the two it was somehow the cause.

I uninstalled it and my screenshots started working normally. I reinstalled it and they started messing up again, checked all options and couldnt find anything. I uninstalled and screenshots work fine.

No idea why it caused it, checked their forums but nobody else complained of the same issue.

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14
KholaI
Options

That's a little strange, @Leo842 .

Does this also occur whenever you use the volume down button in general, or is it just whenever you use it to take a screenshot?

0 Likes
Leo842
Journeyman
Options

No, only when screenshotting.

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Does your phone have a case Leo842?.. If you do the plastic moulding over the volume down button could be sticking??..👍👍
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Have you rebooted the phone also Leo842?... A basic question I know but I have not heard of this problem before?..
0 Likes
Leo842
Journeyman
Options

Good suggestion. I took case off and tried it again. Same thing. 

Yes, rebooted it a few times.

0 Likes
Options
Have you tried with the edge panel to take screen shots?..Screenshot_20210707-213856_Samsung Members_25978.jpg
0 Likes
Leo842
Journeyman
Options

I have not. I know I can remap screenshot, but it doesnt solve the problem of why.

0 Likes
Options
Oh okay, was just a thought.. other than that I have no clue
0 Likes
Swagmasterdude
First Poster
Options

Got the same problem with my S10 recently, probably an update messing with it and registering buttondown but not buttonup

0 Likes