Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A55 5G Washed Out Display

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Seanuld_97
First Poster
Options

I have just received my Samsung A55 via upgrade. I was pretty excited to get my hands on it, all the reviews were glowing and it appeared to be a reasonably significant upgrade to my current phone.

Unfortunately, it became almost immediately apparent that the screen looked dull and washed out. I messed with display settings, changed from Natural to Vivid, no improvements or any real difference whatsoever.

I've read this is a widespread issue with the S24, exact same issues people are describing with their S24s are what I'm experiencing. 

This has been an issue for two months, and there appears to be no fix for it.

39 REPLIES 39
PaulM1
Options

Hi all!

I am happy to provide an update:

"Samsung continuously enhances Galaxy device experiences based on users’ feedback. The latest Galaxy A35/A55 Series’ display has been tuned for a more comfortable viewing experience. You may notice a difference in the colour of the display compared to previous models.

Samsung respect all of users’ various feedback about the colour of the display, and additional updates will be performed to enhance customer satisfaction and user’s choices."

At present, the A35 is scheduled to receive a software update in May to introduce a Vividness slider in the Display settings.

The A55, meanwhile, is scheduled to receive this software update in September.

Once the update has been downloaded and installed, and when the setting has been introduced, you can access it via the path below:

Settings > Display > Screen mode > tap Vivid > Advanced settings > adjust the ‘Vividness’ slider bar.

If ‘Natural’ is selected in Screen mode or ‘Eye comfort shield’ is enabled in Display settings, you are not able to adjust the ‘Vividness’ option as the ‘Advanced settings’ does not appear on the settings menu (To use the feature, please set ‘Vivid’ mode and turn off those options).

Rinku1
Student
Options

Dear Concern, 

Recently I purchase A55 from Malaysia. If I compare display to Samsung A54 Samsung A55 display washed out or faded. I am not satisfied this this display. I only buy Samsung for super amoled display. My question is after software updates this problem will be solve plz let me know & When come softower update in Malaysia variant.

Members_yUrQXyi
First Poster
Options

The same problem happend to my A53 after the upgrade on 21.05.2024 to version A536BXXU9EXDC. The screen looks dimmend and the colors looks like washed out (too low saturation of colors). When selecting the Vivid instead of the Natural mode, the colors are oversaturated and don't look so good as before upgrade. How can I bring back the display settings?  

0 Likes
Members_rS0Epko
First Poster
Options

Hi, Are you able to confirm the Galaxy A35 has received the vividness slider update as its nearly end if May?

0 Likes
Parkyi
Apprentice
Options

Makes negligible difference 

Parkyi
Apprentice
Options

Great that we are getting an update, but if it's not until September I dare say ill have got rid of the A55 before then and get a phone with a more pleasing screen contrast/vibrabrance/look to it. Really disappointing 

M arslan
Apprentice
Options

Samsung A55 display colors are washed out,dull, boring and not vibrant. I switched from Samsung A52s to samsung A55.will it solve in future update?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some phone's do have a vibrant setting in the display section under Screen Mode , however not all phone's do @M arslan 

Also if your phone has a setting called Eye Comfort Shield and or Adaptive Colour Tone then turn them off to see what happens. 

Your using a mid-range Samsung phone so it may not have these settings. 

However do look in the display section to see what can be achieved. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
M arslan
Apprentice
Options

Will samsung A55 get vivideness slider in Future update like S24 ultra gets through update? Any update please let me know??

M arslan
Apprentice
Options

Hi Paul! Hope you are well! Samsung A55 colors are wahsed out and boring with no saturation. Vividness slider will be there for my Samsung A55 in future update like S24 ultra??

0 Likes