Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A55 5G Washed Out Display

(Topic created on: 22-03-2024 12:46 AM)
Seanuld_97
First Poster
Options

I have just received my Samsung A55 via upgrade. I was pretty excited to get my hands on it, all the reviews were glowing and it appeared to be a reasonably significant upgrade to my current phone.

Unfortunately, it became almost immediately apparent that the screen looked dull and washed out. I messed with display settings, changed from Natural to Vivid, no improvements or any real difference whatsoever.

I've read this is a widespread issue with the S24, exact same issues people are describing with their S24s are what I'm experiencing. 

This has been an issue for two months, and there appears to be no fix for it.

47 REPLIES 47
A55 Kenya
Journeyman
Options

A51 was the best Samsung I ever owned, the camera, weight and Ram was awesome. Until it crashed early last year.. I hope Samsung will resolve this A55 issue, otherwise the phone is not worth it at all.

Suz24
Journeyman
Options
I agree, I only started having problems with my A51 in recent weeks, just due to age of the phone and usage. The colours were way better too
0 Likes
Usama_07
Explorer
Options

A55 will 100% get vividness slider update. The fact that a35 got it before surprised me as it should have been the other way around but that's just samsung's stupidity i guess. More people bought the a55 and more people complained about it on a55 so they should have given it to a55 first but now that they have given it to a35 it should be rolled out within the next month to a55 as well.

Suz24
Journeyman
Options
I'm hoping so. I definitely thought it would of been added to the A55 first too. I'm shocked they did this to the display, it looks substandard like how old deteriorated photos look. The fact that older models display looked superior to this, feels so backwards
Usama_07
Explorer
Options

S24 ultra had the same issue but samsung couldn't care less. This A series should have launched with the vivid slider out of the box 

0 Likes
Usama_07
Explorer
Options

Anyone knows what samsung is even doing with a55? They keep on releasing multiple updates on literally every other device but there's not even may patch released anywhere on a55. There are so many complains about this vividness issue but they chose to give it to a35 instead. What even is going on.

0 Likes
Rval19
First Poster
Options

I had the Samsung A50 and I bought the Samsung A55 yesterday. I just noticed in Insta and Whatsapp that the colors are very washed out. I already tried setting high contrast and playing with the vivid mode, and looks the same. I went to the store and I showed them that the palette color only shows 2 colors instead of 3, and they told me that's what I get for buying a cheap phone, and that I should have bought an S24 if I wanted quality (even tough it seems that it had the same problem).

I really hope there is a software update soon.

0 Likes
Artsiom
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. After A54, colours on A55 are not such saturated despite I applied all the settings to improve this. Looking forward for an update!

0 Likes
Philip24
First Poster
Options

Me also not as vibrant for other samsung devices why like this.. pain for eyes also color setting function only little

0 Likes
InMediuM
Explorer
Options
I had the same experience after the purchase a few days ago. The comparison with the previous A51 is absolutely unfavorable for the A55. It should be left to the user to choose. I hope Samsung doesn't delay an update for months that can fix this problem.
0 Likes