Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A12 keeps disconnecting from cellular network data

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 05:51 PM)
Holland2
Apprentice
Options

Dear support,

Recently I got myself a new Samsung A12 (SM-A125F/DSN). I do like the phone however it has a very annoying issue/bug while roaming. Can you please help me solving this problem? Thanks!

The problem

The data connection keeps disconnecting frequently which makes it impossible to make whatsapp calls or stream youtube/spotify etc. without interruptions. The same happens while just browsing the web in Chrome.

The signal bars with the R (roaming) on top always have 4 bars. The icon next to it with either 3G/4G/H transmitting data disappears at the moments I lose connection.

As written I am roaming, In my home country (Netherlands) the phone does not have this problem! Right now I am in Poland and no matter where I am in the country, the problem is constantly there. This problem does not occur using the same simcard in my old Samsung J3 2017 (Android 9).

What I tried

- Rebooted the phone

- Reset to factory defaults

- Reset data connection settings

- Swapped the simcard from 1 to 2

- Updated all apps and running the latest firmware

Similar issue on Samsung Android 10 phones

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/a30-android-10-network-problem/td-p/1590697

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/galaxy-a50-data-issues-after-android-10-update-s...

9 REPLIES 9
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
have you made sure that data is allowed when roaming in the connection settings?
0 Likes
Holland2
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely! In the settings Connections > Mobile networks > Data roaming is switched on. 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that is very weird hopefully someone will come to your help as I am not sure 😕
0 Likes
Holland2
Apprentice
Options

Very unfortunate to see Samsung isn't replying to this. Figured out the problem isn't just data related. If I do phonecalls they get disconnected as well😞 Feels like quantity over quality is more important nowadays. 

0 Likes
Amol K
Student
Options

Exactly same issue i am facing on new A12. while on calls, there is no voice for a minute..it may recover or may not, and have to make the call again..observed 4G icon going and coming back after sometime..no issue from provide. Troubleshooting done is:- restarted, factory reset, updated etc. but no luck. . this is unacceptable issue because simple voice calling is basic expectation here. Samsung forgot to concentrate on basics in search of other feature enhancement.

I am still samsung lover, Request samsung to come up with the bug fix soon, 

0 Likes
Dav2021
First Poster
Options
Same
0 Likes
Flyingfitter
First Poster
Options
Same here, no matter what I try I can be 3ft from my broadband and will still be kicked off in favour of 4G. Luckily I have unlimited data but ATM am getting annoyed with it.
0 Likes
rabken65
First Poster
Options
I have a Samsung a12 as soon as I leave the house with no Internet connection I have never been able to connect apps with my mobile data. Can anybody help with this.
0 Likes
Stack1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and none of the samsung  advise fixes work on my phone either. Why no information and input from Samsung to your issues. Is it a certain batch of our phones that are faulty. Disappointing no feedback from the manufacturer.

0 Likes