Did you mean: 

Ring time extension

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 02:53 PM)
Tubi1
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have an A73 5G.

Can someone please tell me how do I extend the time the phone rings before going to voicemail?

Regards,

Tubi1

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AaronAJ
Options

Hi @Tubi1 

To extend your ring time, all you need to do is the following:

Open the Phone app > Keypad > Type **61*321**00# on your keypad. This code will allow you to set how long your phone rings before it goes to your voicemail > Replace 00 in the code with the number of seconds you want your phone to ring. For all incoming calls, your phone will ring for the number of seconds you enter here, and then it will drop to voicemail. Your options here include 05, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 seconds. For example, if you want your phone to ring for 15 seconds before it goes to voicemail, your keypad code should look like **61*321**15#.

Hope this helps!

dvgale
First Poster
Options

I've tried this twice on my galaxy A54 as my voicemail wouldn't pick up at all for at least 8 rings, about 30 seconds (unacceptably long lag time to keep a caller waiting). I tried setting the last two code digits to 15, then to 10 seconds, to get 4 rings to pick up. Takes at least 5-6 rings no matter which I use. Better than it was, but not optimal or as per directions.

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @dvgale. I hope that you're keeping well. It is certainly possible to change the ringing time before your A54 goes to voicemail. However, the mechanism by which you do this will vary across different mobile networks. To be clear, it would involve you inputting a specific set of characters on the Phone app

Therefore, I recommend reaching out to your network provider for specific instructions on how you can increase the ringing time.

I trust that this will help.

0 Likes
nlcatter
Student
Options

learn to write !!!   ""Replace 00 in the code with one of the options they allow you to specify you want your phone to ring. "

for their system is a piece of *****

for the

0 Likes
nlcatter
Student
Options

yes you are so right its a pos

0 Likes
nlcatter
Student
Options

we dont want iNCREASE  we want DECREASE 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Absolutely, @nlcatter - whether you want to increase or decrease the ringing time, your network provider is ideally positioned to help with this. 

0 Likes
kaz66
First Poster
Options
I have an A20 and it won't accept this code, says there is a problem
0 Likes
roxidog
First Poster
Options
I did it and now no VM. Allerston being told wrong number.
0 Likes