Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 11:29 AM)
CS62
Apprentice
Options

I am trying to register a new A12 phone bought yesterday for its warranty. I have entered the serial number and model code VERY CAREFULLY ,SEVERAL TIMES, as they are listed both on the box and in the 'about phone' page in settings, but keep getting 're-check number' pop-up and can get no further...

What am I doing wrong?

11 REPLIES 11
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Where did you buy the phone from?
0 Likes
CS62
Apprentice
Options

Argos

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
The registration process, are you doing that on a laptop/PC or from the actual device itself?
0 Likes
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
Try registering through an incognito tab in your browser.

Some of us had issue registering for free Samsung Care when we got the flips and folds a few weeks ago. Not the same issue, I know, but it seemed to rectify the problem for a lot of us.

Not sure it will help but maybe you'll be lucky.

Hope it helps and good luck.
CS62
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

...on a laptop. Would using the phone make a difference do you think? I could copy and paste numbers / code then... but I'm honestly quite demented with checking every character is entered exactly as shown on the 'about phone' settings page, and I'm convinced they have been. Will give it a try though. Thanks for taking time to suggest this.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I was reading somewhere that some people get errors when doing it by the phone because the Samsung account automatically picks up the device and auto warranty registers it. The error message states the device is already registered then.

Your issue is different but hopefully Chooii's recommendations work

Also, because its through Argos, a reputable retailer, your purchase receipt is valid proof of purchase and 24 months warranty but the problem is keeping that receipt safe. If it is a electronic receipt I would make paper copies if possible.
CS62
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Chooi and Mitzzz for the ideas.

I tried registering it online on the phone... could copy and paste the serial number... but not the (more complicated) model code ?!? ...can't think why that might possibly be... 

So I had to carefully write it down and enter manually... same pop up appears saying to 'recheck numbers'.

I'm afraid I don't know what an incognito tab is Chooii, but to be honest, if a company makes it so deliberately difficult to register a device I don't hold out much hope of getting any free warranty support on a mid-range phone  anyway, so reckon I'll give up now. Life's too short.  If it breaks down within 2 years I'll just make sure and go with another brand next time! Thanks anyway for taking time to make suggestions.

0 Likes
CS62
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for info on receipt /proof of purchase. Top Tip. I'll print off electronic receipt now and store it in box.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm pretty sure you will be fine with the phone and there's plenty of help and advice in these forums... but if you do have a Samsung Experience Store near to you, you can pop in and explain your situation. I am pretty certain that on their systems, it will show when the phone has been activated and set up which would then trigger the warranty on their side. The receipt I am sure is enough as long as it shows the 15 digit IMEI serial number on it.
0 Likes