Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My battery is draining and mobile heating after last update

(Topic created on: 03-06-2024 10:03 PM)
KarimY
First Poster
Options

I bought my A54 last November and I haven't updated the software since, as it was working just fine. Yesterday, somehow the mobile updated. My problem now is that the battery drains fast. It tells me battery usage 134% though I have 24 apps in deep sleep, including Fb, what'sapp, Google maps, etc... and no notifications, low brightness. No location or Bluetooth left on or working even. Everything the same except the update.

Please Samsung team fix this problem because if not intentional then it is an "unwise" move. The problem in on you and only you. I have the chart of battery usage from before the update and after and after is kept over 120%  all the time. And this also causes the mobile to heat even when in my pocket, not used for a while.

Screenshot_20240603_235052_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
It seems to be happening with every security update
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @KarimY 

There  can be  a bit of Battery Drain after updates though sounds like it is more excessive. However do give it a bit of time  as the AI  relearns useage.   Are there any particular apps causing drain, I can only see two apps from your screenshot.  Devices usually heat up when using power intensive applications, downloading large files,multitasking, using a lot of Data for syncing and using Mobile Hotspots for instance.  Though it may not always be for an apparent reason in your case. it is though advisable to clear the cache partition after updates, this deletes temporary cache files but does not impact on your Data. Follow  these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , other Device or TV USB, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu or use the  Galaxy Apps Booster from the Good Guardians suite.

some other optimisation techniques here,though may not particularly wish to use all of them for the best experience.  it is best to put apps which are not used a great deal into sleep Mode and only have some connections running when necessary. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/ 

Whilst can be a bit of  a hassle sometimes necessary to  do a Factory Reset after backing up , may best to restore  from cloud, may need to install some apps afresh.

However if the drain is still significant a few weeks after update  advisable to send an Error Report.   Go To Samsung Members -Get help -Error report. include the error logs plus details of the issues , and screenshots of the battery usage (Settings -Battery and device care - Battery).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

KarimY
First Poster
Options

Apparently, time was the solution. After 24hrs of battery drainage and mobile heating up, suddenly when I was holding the mobile and the clock turned 12 past midnight, the mobile suddenly became silent, got cooler and the battery stopped being drained. As if the os was testing the mobile

0 Likes