Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kepp losing connection after update to Android 11

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 04:55 PM)
kjw
Explorer
Options

Ever since my A71 5g was updated to Android 11, when I try to open links or open web sites, nine times out of 10, I get a page telling me that it has lost connection. This did not happen at all before the update. Can anything be done to fix this? It happens when I am on my home Wi-Fi, public Wi-Fi, and when I am on my data plan.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try restarting the phone :smiling-face:
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kjw: Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Choose Default Apps > Browser app, and change your default browser > back > Opening Links > Open Links In Apps, and toggle this option off to see if this helps? If it is already off, toggle it back on, especially if you're experiencing the issue while accessing links inside applications. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
After a system update
Always good to clear the cache
Clears old temp files

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

And try reset Network
Go settings
General management
Reset

Reset Network settings

And see if
helps solve your issue
0 Likes
kjw
Explorer
Options

This has been going on for months. Many restarts and no improvements. 

0 Likes
kjw
Explorer
Options

How to clear the cache multiple times. I got the update probably four months ago. I just tried resetting network settings so we'll see what happens with this. I'll get back if I'm still having a problem. Thank you for the suggestion!

0 Likes
kjw
Explorer
Options

I really don't want to change my default browser. Someone else suggested resetting network settings so I've done that. If the issue persists, I will change the browser and make the other changes you suggested and see if it still happens.

0 Likes
kjw
Explorer
Options

Big typo in the original reply and I couldn't go back in and edit it. I have cleared the cache many times since the update and that has not improved anything.

0 Likes
kjw
Explorer
Options

Still happening. I get a screen that says "Lost connection" and underneath it says network change detected. No idea why. It happens in my home and when I'm out.  It doesn't matter if I am using WiFi or data. It never happened before the android 11/UI3.0/3.1 upgrade. The screen disappears too fast for me to get a scree shot. 

0 Likes
h4rr1
First Poster
Options
Not sure if your still seeing this issue but saw the same on an A20e and after loads of messing around, I went into settings > connections > data usage > setting > unset data limit and a few seconds later all data started working and notifications started appearing...
0 Likes