Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to complete a software update

(Topic created on: 03-01-2022 02:19 AM)
Jmcg66
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Help needed.

Why does my A52s 5g not complete a software update. This is the first update since I got the phone. I download the update ok but when installing it reaches 25% and then a warning exclamation mark appears. The phone restarts and I get the message 'software update not completes. Contact Samsung serbice'

Any help would be appreciated.

31 REPLIES 31
mariuszaharie
Student
Options

Same here, tried it multiple times for 3-4 weeks. Today I called the Samsung service and they told me to do a factory reset. Did that, installed 17 apps required by google and then downloaded the update to android 12. Guess what, it failed again at 25%.

Worst mobile OS upgrade I encountered.

0 Likes
boomertown
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice, the smart switch app for pc worked a treat for me. It will stay at 0% for a while but then starts progressing as normal, just be patient and it should be fine.

0 Likes
Members_r53uo89
Student
Options

Yea my samsung a52s keeps coming up with a software update but everytime I try it turns phone of then loads to 25% then flashes saying there's an issue and then turns my phone and says there's an error. Tried to do things recommended online but nothing is helping. Never done this before quite annoying as only had this phone 4 months 

0 Likes
Members_a8WRKyF
First Poster
Options

updating security patch through smart switch app on PC worked and it kept all my settings as before.

0 Likes
Members_AmwJahx
First Poster
Options

Sounds encouraging.

What is Smart Switch primarily for?

Is it a Samsung application, or is it an independent thing?

I've had the same problem with my A52s 5g described by others, not completing the One UI 4 Upgrade (Android 12), error at 25% progress and when going back into phone it says software update failed. Firmware. Refer to service centre.

0 Likes
Issue
First Poster
Options

I got same problem with my a52. Have u found the solution? If yes plz help me

0 Likes
Members_kkQ6m8Z
First Poster
Options

It's for transferring all the files and settings between samsung models when you switch devices.

0 Likes
Pkelle
Journeyman
Options
I've also had this ongoing issue last resort is master reset which I refuse to do as no matter how much I back up I still loose images or videos... so annoying!
0 Likes
Issue
First Poster
Options

Will master reset solve the issue?

0 Likes
Members_Ywnmce3
First Poster
Options

I've tried 3 times with Smart Switch on 2 different laptops and each time it takes all day to achieve Nothing  !  Ages to download the update on the PC  then process it and when you think its actually doing something it sits at 100% all night , last time it was on all night . I might as well throw this piece of Junk away 

0 Likes