Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage A21s

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 11:26 AM)
Magpie33
Pioneer
Options

I've got a Samsung A21S  my phone is using data at a alarming  rate I've  deleted  apps  turned off other's  and still  being  used  can anyone suggest something I've not tried  thanks  in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Magpie33 !

You may have a better response if you post your issue in the section of the forum that is dedicated to your model of phone, the Samsung A21s. See...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/bd-p/galaxy-a-uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
joe2jo
Pioneer
Options
mind wasn't working but now it is

20210312_194841_2213.jpg

20210312_194721_2212.jpg

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I think you have data roaming switched on, by the sounds of it. this shouldn't be an issue if you are connected to your home WiFi, but as soon as you are outwith your home router's range, it will try to piggyback any other WiFi signal. switch data roaming off, and see if it solves your issue. to switch it off, open SETTINGS/CONNECTIONS/MOBILE NETWORKS. if data roaming is switched on, switch it off, and monitor your data usage with it switched off.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Magpie33 

I've edited the subject heading of you post and moved it to the A Series board 😀

joe2jo
Pioneer
Options
thanks
0 Likes
Magpie33
Pioneer
Options
thank you ChisM
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Magpie33: Can you try heading to Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Data Saver, and toggle this option on, as this will prevent apps from using data in the background when not in use. I'd also recommend closing down all apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button in your Navigation Bar. Let me know if this helps. 

Magpie33
Pioneer
Options
I will thank you Andrew L
KMmund
Apprentice
Options
Lol did you know you sent pictures of your family too
0 Likes