Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

At least 4 digits and 1 letter password to unlock my phone?

(Topic created on: 17-07-2022 02:31 PM)
Veritosser
Apprentice
Options
Just bought a new Samsung phone. I've set it up for facial recognition. First 2 days went without a problem, but it now asks for a code to enter that I've never set up consisting of 4 digits and 1 letter. I repeat, I have never set up this code and apparently I am not the only user with this issue, but so far I haven't read of any solutions. I've tried to unlock it remotely, but that failed as it apparently was set to 'off'. I've restarted the phone, which now has made it impossible to connect to WIFI. I miss my iPhone already. How to unlock this dreaded thing?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I am 9 weeks old baby with my first Samsung or android

I think you have to set up
Face
Fingerprints
Pin

All 3 sometime during the set up process
Samsung is desperately slow to recognise face and pratically (a little exaggeration here) you have to live in photo studio with all lights on for the Samsung to recognise the face
So it's heavily depend on Pin /fingerprints or patterns
0 Likes
Veritosser
Apprentice
Options

This hasn't anything to do with my experience with Android phones, I've helped others out  with no issue, though indeed no experience with this Samsung overly protected cr*pshute. I've setup facial recognition which functioned. Meanwhile I have found more information regarding this issue, and lo and behold, it's specifically a Samsung issue, to just lock for no apparent reason.

Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Veritosser Hello, keep in mind that for security reasons, even if you have face unlock configured, you must have a screen lock security PIN configured. This is indicated in Settings / Biometrics and security / Face recognition / About unlocking with biometrics .Greeting.

Face.jpg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Veritosser
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply Ventor. I wish I had known that, but I'll set that up as soon as I can get back into my phone.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes even if you just use fingerprint instead of facial recognition you still need a backup password or PIN. My Nokia prompts for my PIN occasionally as a security feature after a restart or 7 days whichever happens first.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Veritosser You're welcome, I'm sorry that this has caused you confusion.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I love Security.. More the better.... Few seconds of headache is better than few days or even more of regrets
Veritosser
Apprentice
Options

That's where we disagree I guess. Sure, mobile banking for instance I can understand, but there's loads of stuff I honestly don't give a toss about. I believe the user should be in control of the amount of security he or she wishes, not the other way around.

Sharcy
First Poster
Options
Did you ever manage to get this sorted? My wife's phone has just done the same thing after she let the battery die!
0 Likes