Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Close To Home Screen

(Topic created on: 20-03-2020 08:46 PM)
phoenixsolaris
First Poster
Options

Hello! 

As the title suggests, my Ohio e has been closing apps and going to the home screen automatically. I can assure you that it is NOT me who is doing this as my thumb or index finger never goes anywhere near the button. 

It'll happen when I'm scrolling through Pinterest, Twitter, using Message+, etc.

I've tried to reset app permissions, clear app caches, and nothing has worked so far. What more can I do outside of a factory reset (which might not even fix this issue?)

Thank you for your help in advance!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@phoenixsolaris: Can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your phone?
0 Likes
phoenixsolaris
First Poster
Options

The model number is SM-A102U and my current Android version is version 9. 

0 Likes
phoenixsolaris
First Poster
Options

Any advice? The issue is still persisting and even with the software update that was pushed out, my phone is still experiencing these issues. I'd rather not get a new phone if I can avoid it since I just got this one a few months ago.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @phoenixsolaris 

Let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the phone switches off and back on again. Also, could you check for software updates? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
phoenixsolaris
First Poster
Options

Hello!

It seems like the problem persists even with the soft reset, unless if I did it wrong. I booted my phone into safe mode. Also my phone has the latest software updates on it.

0 Likes
phoenixsolaris
First Poster
Options

Still nothing. I've tried to think of what apps could be causing the issue as I've uninstalled plenty and have done Device Care a bunch of times to free up space and memory, but the problem continues to persist even through restarts.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
We're sorry to hear that, @phoenixsolaris. Lets try removing the Whatsapp app from the phone, and then monitor this. Do let us know how you get on during this.
0 Likes
phoenixsolaris
First Poster
Options
I don't have WhatsApp installed on my phone. So far, EVERY app on my phone causes this specific issue and every fix hasn't worked.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming, @phoenixsolaris. Let's try running the phone in safe mode. This will disable the third party apps from the phone. Information on safe mode can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ Please monitor this, and do let us know how you get on.
0 Likes