Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add option to copy number to the Number panel in the Phone app

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 05:50 PM)
AlexH91
Explorer
Options

Currently when you recieve a call from a number and you want to call this number back but change like 1 digit because that person gave you another number from that same company, you have to  (1) go to your recent calls, (2) click on the number, (3) click on the little (i) icon, (4) click and hold on the number, (5) copy that number to your clipboard, (6) go back to your "keyboard" tab in the phone, (7) click and hold on the empty space, (8) edit the number, (9) Dial it.

What you could do: (1) go to your recent calls, (2) click and hold on the number, (3) press "edit before calling",(4) automatically be switched to the view "keyboard" with the number already filled in,(5) edit the number, (6) Dial it.

Many other UIs already have this feature and I'm really asking myself, why Samsung never bothered to add this feature, it's such a simple change. Instead of only "Delete" in the context menu, add "Edit before call"

22 REPLIES 22
JeffyOkla
First Poster
Options
Why th is ther only "delete" there? Are you guys thinking that we only hide calls from our wifes? I want to copy the nr and paste it in messenger for example, how did you guys not think that we might want to share a nr with someone or google search it or anything, HOW? Please fix this asap, it's embarrassing
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @AlexH91. Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I have noted your suggestion and passed it on to our Research & Development Team to see if it can be incorporated by our developers in a future update.

I'll update the thread when I get feedback from the team.

@JeffyOkla, you can easily copy and paste any phone number from the Phone app.If, for instance, you were accessing recent calls, you can do this via Phone > Recents > Click the phone number to open up more options  > Highlight the phone number > Choose "copy." You can then paste the phone number into another app (e.g. sharing the number with a contact or colleague).

If you have another scenario where you need to copy a phone number (and haven't been able to do so), or if I've misunderstood, please let me know and I'll be happy to clarify this.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there,

I have an update about this request. Our developers say that the described use case is quite rare for most users. Additionally, currently whilst in the keypad, users can view the recent call logs while inputting some digits.

The developers will continue to monitor the market and check to see whether any similar suggestions appear. If the demand for this feature is high, they will consider implementing the suggestion at a later date.

I trust that this reassures you. 

0 Likes
COSandE
First Poster
Options

ANY update on this BASIC ability to function my phone? It's incomprehensible to me that there's anything you won't allow a user to copy to their clipboard, let alone a recently received phone call.  While I realize currently, 4 taps will get, can we PLEASE make it ONE?  I don't understand why anything that's not a hot link, can't be selected with a press and hold??  I think you're losing your market share instead of people asking you simple questions like this... I can't believe I'm having to do this.  I say that because I am not interested in your developer's opinion about this not being a high demand. Access to data is what androids are all about... You're literally stealing that away from me... For some inexplicable reason. (And please don't  ask me what I want to do with the phone number I missed...maybe I'll uhhh....want to Google? Forward in email???   I've been a really long time fan of Samsung.... But this is like the dark ages. I assumed I was just ignorant, When I realize Samsung doesn't want people to have it... I get very suspicious to why? ( Does withholding that functionality allow you to monetize other partnership's -  At the expense of a direct feature to a product owner?

MrTEighties
Student
Options
Hi. I would also like to be able to copy recent phone numbers like my Huawei I just moved away from and every other mobile phone on the planet.
It's very common to receive spam and scam calls, and very common to search that number on Google to ensure it is safe.Theres millions of reasons why copying phone numbers though.

I don't have to tell you that choosing the opinions of your developers over your customers will get this brand new samsung s23+ sent back and my money refunded
Seagee
Student
Options

I just switched from a 6 year old budget Motorola and I used that copy number function all the time to Google unknown numbers calling me. I definitely want this feature in the expensive galaxy I just bought.

It was so easy, I would long press the phone number and it automatically copied.

Can't Samsung add this basic and useful feature?

joe gill
First Poster
Options

This is mind blowing that all i can do with a recent phone number is delete it - I JUST WANT TO COPY IT TO A NEW CONTACT ***** This is standard on all other phones.

Copy paste
Student
Options

I have told many Times.. Samsung is way more older company than MIUI /xiaomi still they have Easy Human Interface..

After going inside to copy number press and hold only one option will pop up copy! What the heck are you guys doing 

Copy paste
Student
Options

Did you know what you have said?  Simply to copy number why should have to press lot of options and after copying 10 digit (India contact number) when we open Dialer, it have to show instantly copied number on dialer instead of hold n to paste.. 

Use Xiaomi /MI PHONES you will understand better 

0 Likes