Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal Battery Drain on my Galaxy A54

(Topic created on: 22-06-2023 03:51 AM)
Kalyanbzr
Journeyman
Options

Facing abnormal battery drain during night time (Idle) on my galaxy A54 & I am utterly disappointed by this. Everything is turned off like offline finding, Use of WiFi, Blutooth for better location accuracy. The phone did well during the first few days. Last night, I turned off everything including location & all. Switched on the battery saver. Cleaned all the apps from memory still endowed with a 13% battery drop. This is pathetic for this kind of premium device. I think Samsung need to look into this matter. So many people are complaining the same. A fix is urgent. 

20 REPLIES 20
Kalyanbzr
Journeyman
Options

Update: deactivated offline finding & background wifi & Blutooth search when those toggles are off, the after a restart last night my phone dropped only 1% , as the phone was not restarted since its switched on first time on june 3rd, I think this had some impact. 

0 Likes
ennteresan
Apprentice
Options

There is real problem about battery.  Your suggestions are just attempt to ignore problem.

The Phone can be used at least 2 days and 8-9 hours normal usage. I used 6 Android phones until now and every phone  i get 2 days usage always. Until a54. 

The sum of the battery usage percentages of every apps and the used battery percentage indicator do not match. Sum of apps : ~40% but battery drain 100 to 30. 

Members_9n5mffE
Apprentice
Options

Already reported here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/a54-5g-battery-draining-after-few-days/td-p/7300.... Samsung seem to know about it & are working on a fix.

0 Likes
KneeArrow1
Explorer
Options

Explain this then:

Samsung A54 256GB, Exynos 1380, 5000mAh battery, 2023.

Vs

Honor 8X utilising HiSilicon Kirin 710 that came out like 5 years ago.

Result:

5 year old phone with 86% of it's already paltry 3750mAh capacity lasting longer than the new Samsung while the Honor 8x utilises the following:

3 Bluetooth connections (one used for about 4-5 hours a day 5x a week - the other two are on permanently)

Has no OLED.

Lasts all day and then some.

60hz only. 4G. 4GB RAM, of which 1.5- 2GB is free. It ran Android 11.

Background battery drain with social media apps installed (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Tiktok, Huawei Health app, etc) and no screwing around turning off bells and whistles = 1.5-3% an hour - usually around 2%. Deep sleep mode around 0.3-1% - usually around 0.5%.

Also includes WiFi and Cellular on inside but WiFi off outside.

Samsung's turn:

Wildly inefficient processor.

OLED with dark mode on every thing possible since day 1.

No Facebook, no Snapchat, no Intagram, no nothing, besides Huawei Health app. Discord is in sleep mode and WhatsApp being alive somewhere.

Nearly all other apps = deep sleep ( I have about 215 apps, many are Samsung's, about 190 of those total apps are in deep sleep). Social media isn't even installed.

Same 3 BT connections to the old device. Same rules.

WIFI off outside, mobile data off inside.

5G on, good signal as well as on 4G. 120hz is on but barely used because the background battery efficiency is soo horrendous that you can only afford 90 min - 120m on a bright day anyway since 120hz on the too-bright Adaptive Brightness mode drains about 15-17% of battery per hour in conjuction with the other battery drainers (of which I don't know since the battery stats say nothing).

Deep sleep mode is awful, like so many others I am getting huge battery loss at night. 10% is a given, usually its around 15%.

I have had this phone since May. Bad bad bad, the whole time.

And people make excuses for Shamsung, "oh it's a midrange handset"... err... so was the Honor 8X which was over four and a half years ago, yet it still does everything better and more efficiently, even with that standard LCD.

There's much screwing around to eeek out battery, including uninstalling things, disabling extras, turning off bells and whistles. Why are we still in this era? It's embarrassing. Imaging getting older generations and explain this to them. They'd go to Apple. Or abandon the idea of a mobile phone. We should not be screwing around to make up for Shamsung's lies around impressive battery life.

The A54 is an expensive dumb brick.

"Use power saving mode" I read someone say in another thread. What a bloody joke.

I have tried everything in the book and then some. I've had a lot of experience with Android mobile devices over the years so I know what I am doing.

And today, I got in from being out and I was run down to 10% from 93% after about 11 hours. Maybe 2 hours SoT? This phone is a joke. Background battery has been about 4.4% for much of the day. I "optimised" my battery and killed off (deep sleep) more apps, restarted my phone before coming home and for the last 3 or so hours I've been getting 5.4%-5.8% battery drain.

Shamsung, you really need to read reviews all over phone store pages. So many people report horrendous battery life, it is either A) awful processors or their tolerances aren't being taken into account and each varies wildly.

Or

B) the batteries are defective

Or

C) One UI is the buggiest pile of human filth the software world has ever seen.

Or

D) Exynos is so bad with ALL apps that it requires more effort to run each app, where each app stacks upon others to culminate in a massive chunk of battery loss in idle time.

I am also pretty sure Samsung are using bots on review pages as well as social media and YouTube.

I've not had a single day where idle battery drain was below 1% per hour.

To hell with Shamsung and Exynos.

P.S, even your ****** website/forum runs like ***** on mobile, both on Firefox and Chromium browsers.

You clowns can't even make large capacity washing machines without the load bearing point malclfuctioning in under a year. A brand once associated with quality and engineering is typically reduced to old tales and marketing to keep it afloat.

Edit: I already turned off offline finding, WiFi and Bluetooth scanning and quickshare very early on having the phone.

There is a very severe issue with this phone and even if I turn off Adaptive brightness, turn 120 to 60hz, turn off 5G and use routines to limit things and limit music listening (so really only 2 low powered Bluetooth devices are connected), I am still getting 3-4% background battery drain per hour.

Real world usage with this phone, without overdoing it (no gaming, no video watching, etc) is effectively 12-16 hours. That is awful for a £500 device.

Members_DHH9Fxt
First Poster
Options

I noticed the same poor battery performance on my new a54. It drains down rapidly with no usage. I have an old xiomi poco phone or old redmi which are tons better on battery life. I Wonder if there is are some dud batch of phone 

KneeArrow1
Explorer
Options
This is such a ridiculous comment. So many Shamsung fans echoing what Shamsung staff say, telling everyone to turn off all of the features other phones can handle just fine. Not just extensive features but core features phones have mastered in efficiency a long time ago.

Exynos and One UI are bad. That's the simple answer. Or there are major efficiency discrepancies between batches of 1380s and varying qualities over their choice of cheap batteries.

Like so many others say on so many different websites and reviews (not paid Shamsung shill ones), the battery life is awful.
KneeArrow1
Explorer
Options
"It's mid range", as if that excuses atrocious battery life, which cheaper and mis range phones mastered like 5+ years ago.
KneeArrow1
Explorer
Options
Of course nobody else acknowledged my post because it spells out a major issue with the the A54 in general and is what other people experience and they realise they have no answer or defence for Samsung because Samsung made a ***** phone with a terrible processor, poor quality batteries and and unoptimised OneUI.
Mohammad saad
First Poster
Options

I also have same this type of problem @samsungindia 

0 Likes
John KV
First Poster
Options

I am also facing a similar situation. Even with minimum use, my battery doesn't last for 2 days. All apps are showing normal