Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A53 - Crackling/distorted sound

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 10:58 AM)
MrCorner
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
Hey. Bought my A53 a few days ago - No issues, phone worked perfectly. Order a case from Amazon and as soon as I put the case on the sound became crackly and tinny. I guessed it might have been a fault with the case, so sent it back and got an official Samsung one from the Samsung store - Still the same problem - So it surely cannot be the case?? Anyone else had this issue? Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Badger42
Navigator
Options
Galaxy A Series
I use my A53 with a carbon case for protection brought from eBay with no sounds issues.
MrCorner
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
That's for the reply mate. I'll take a look at it if you have a link for it?
MrCorner
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
Finally figured out the problem! Took my phone into my local samsung store and it turns out the camera lens protector was causing the issue - Who knew? The engineer at Samsung advised that putting the camera lens protector on actually covers a small and unseen mic/noise sensor which sits inside the camera unit very close to the external surface of the phone. When I didn't have a case on the phone, the sensor was able to function with the lens protector on (for reasons unknown to me). But when the a case was put on the phone it caused almost a complete obstruction to the sensor resulting in loss of speaker functionality! This is apparently a common but lesser known issue with some Samsung models.

So top tip for A53 owners - Do not put an aftermarket camera lens protector on your phone WITH a case. You'll have to pick either one or the other. I have now chosen a case which raises the camera unit to give a few millimeters of clearance from any surface the phone is place down on. Fingers crossed that will be adequate protection.
Crossfire905
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

After putting on a screen protector and the lens protector, my sound was just fine, but it suddenly became absolutely terrible — extremely distorted, as if something was being overdriven — as soon as I put the phone in the case.

After reading your reply, I removed my lens protector, and that did indeed fix my distortion problem. It continued to work properly when I put the case [which I had thought was the problem] back on afterward. Then, just for an experiment, I also put the lens protector back on, and the sound is still good.

Maybe the lens protector just needed to be moved a tiny bit? To just not be exactly where it had been? I don't know.

0 Likes
Rodent
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

I just picked up an A53 for an upgrade for my wife. Added a screen protector and also the lens protector and put the phone is an Ottorbox (the light one) .. After getting the phone up and running I too noticed terrible sound from the speakers when playing music or videos. It was distorted and almost like the speakers were blown. Once I removed the Lens protector and only the the Lens protector as suggested here, the sound was perfect. Thanks for adding this issue. DO NOT install a "LENS" protector