Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 screen stuck

(Topic created on: 16-06-2023 01:32 PM)
Homerj
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have an A51 that's a couple of years old. Just after upgrade time, it developed a problem where it was just sticking on this screen. I did a bit of research and it led me to doing the soft reset etc but I'm wondering if there is something a bit worse that's corrupting the software and not allowing me to reset it.
I'd appreciate any advice/guidance/suggestions.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Homerj. That's very strange. Just to be clear, when you perform the soft reset on your A51, are you still unable to progress beyond the boot screen?

0 Likes
Homerj
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I've just done another reset on it now (power and vol down buttons for 10 secs), it started like it was doing the reset but it's stopped at 38%.20230616_141431_1000005502_1686921275.jpg
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. Hmm. What happens when you try to Wipe the cache partition of your phone?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

This won't erase any data, but is a useful process after installing a software update.

0 Likes
Homerj
Apprentice
Options
It won't allow me to get to the screen to even clear the cache.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Oh, that is odd. To be clear, while your phone is off, what happens when you follow the instructions listed under the "Clear the cache partition" heading?

Does your phone, for instance, not progress beyond a certain stage (e.g. remaining stuck)?

0 Likes
Homerj
Apprentice
Options
I can't really get it to turn/power off. In between this conversation, I've kept trying to do different things but it doesn't allow me to power off. As I'm typing, it's stuck on the same screen as the first photo.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, OK. Did your software update complete, or was it interrupted in any way, @Homerj

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try holding the power button down for 20 or so seconds if you haven't tried that already.
0 Likes
Homerj
Apprentice
Options
To be honest, I don't know. I passed it to my son when I got the upgrade. Its never got past the 38% that I showed on the other picture.
0 Likes