Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Emergency Call button from the enter pin screen?

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 08:04 PM)
RBaxter
First Poster
Options

Is it possible to remove the Emergency call button from the unlock screen as accidental calls to emergency services has become an increasingly frequent issue. 

I cant find an option to remove it without removing all security in terms of unlock options which seems crazy. 

4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
Apparently it's a bug in all android phones according to reading the reports in the news article, wether there's a fix in the Android 14 version later this summer makes tobe seen. It's not just effecting the UK but around the whole world too.
swills9
Voyager
Options
Ahh..thar might explain my alarming call to 911 when I was on holiday in the USA, suddenly heard phone say 911 what's your emergency....quickly cancelled call without saying anything !
0 Likes
cBruck
Student
Options

Mine it's keep calling 112 (EU emergency) at least once a day, ending as 911 in US, it's just stupid! Why not to make a "slide to call" button?

Somehow, after every update it's even worse..

Moderator will confirm that there's no way to remove it.

0 Likes
ginton
First Poster
Options
Cant remove from screen but can go settings safety and emergency then emergency sos scroll to the bottom custom the number 000 or any number then cant call emergency services
0 Likes