Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 audio/microphone issues

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 01:53 PM)
LF93
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Since I've updated my phone I've been having problems with my microphone. When I make calls the person on the other end can't hear me. Same issue with video recordings- no sound being recorded. If I reset my phone or restart it 3-5 times the microphone returns to working order for about 2-3 phone calls but then stops again. I've factory reset my phone twice and then when I brought it back to the Vodafone shop I bought it was told to update it again. Which I did. This hasn't helped and I don't know what to do next! HELP!

44 REPLIES 44
AndrewL
Options
@LF93: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you attempt the following microphone tests to help troubleshoot the problem.
1. Open the Voice Recorder app and record a short clip. Does it play back clearly and free from distortion?
2. Open the Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Mic, and follow the on screen instructions. Do you experience any error messages?
3. Similarly, head over to your dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic” and speak into your phone like you’re on a call. Can you hear yourself talk? Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone. Can you hear the playback?
LF93
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

None of the above have worked. I'm assuming my last resort is to send the phone away for diagnostics?

0 Likes
Ang-L
First Poster
Options

I've just purchased an A50 and the microphone doesn't work properly, the only way others can hear me is when it's on speaker phone, which isn't always suitable if I'm out.  It won't let me do voice messages on whatsapp etc. or on voice search.  

sylvia6
Student
Options

I am having the exact same issues with the microphone on my A50. And while speaker will work for incoming calls and when i have to put on speaker to be heardiand to hea the other party. BUT speaker does not work for anything else no notifications for jobs, Effeting my bottom line. doesn't wok for music, videos, google search results nothing. So i know both mic and seaker work they are just not chooing to work most of the time. And allof this started after aan update on March 17, 2020. What the heck samsung i just bought this phone i'm not buying anoyther one. What is the fx???!!!

sylvia6
Student
Options

No I dont hear playback what now?

AshaMA
Apprentice
Options

Same issue as me. But Samsung store fixed it, after pa 4 hour wait  came home 3 hours later same problem *****

Manoj1
First Poster
Options

@LF93 wrote:

Hi,

Since I've updated my phone I've been having problems with my microphone. When I make calls the person on the other end can't hear me. Same issue with video recordings- no sound being recorded. If I reset my phone or restart it 3-5 times the microphone returns to working order for about 2-3 phone calls but then stops again. I've factory reset my phone twice and then when I brought it back to the Vodafone shop I bought it was told to update it again. Which I did. This hasn't helped and I don't know what to do next! HELP!

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

If you are still experiencing issues with the microphone, you can log an error report to the Samsung developers so that they can have a closer look into it: Members app > Support > Feedback > Error log. This needs to be done within 15 minutes from the issue happening. 

0 Likes
Jaikant
Apprentice
Options

I was able to fix my microphone issue.

It is interesting to share that it was not any software, settings or other problem.

It was a simple dust collection or some fine particle in microphone opening. Just sucked,  the dust using my mouth, as I did not want to use any suction mechanism like a vacuum cleaner. It did not work. Later I gently blowed in to it and again sucked air into my mouth. 

Hurray ! It just started working. 

NEVER USE A PIN OR ANY OTHER SHARP INSTRUMENT TO CLEAN THE MICROPHONE AS IT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE.

0 Likes