Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A40. Saving email to phone not to BT

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 05:40 PM)
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Sorry, don't know if this can be done or not.

My email account is with BT, and I can see my emails on my A40. Within the phone settings I found a setting that seems to allow you to Manage Folders Show Hide or Reorder. however I do not see any option to display saved emails from the phones email. If I select to save the email it is saved in my BT emails not the phone.

How can I save emails direct to my phone for later viewing? I use BT to actually download them to my PC via Outlook. so would need to have this remain active so I can view on the phone or Outlook.

I hope you can understand what I mean, I am not a very tech OAP!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@jbafalcon: If you're using the Samsung Email app, open the app > Select an email > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Save email as file > Give the file a name > Save. Now, close the Email app > Swipe up from your Home Screen > Select the Samsung folder > My Files, and the check the Downloads folder. If you can't locate the file, use the search function at the top of the screen. Let me know if this helps. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@jbafalcon: If you're using the Samsung Email app, open the app > Select an email > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Save email as file > Give the file a name > Save. Now, close the Email app > Swipe up from your Home Screen > Select the Samsung folder > My Files, and the check the Downloads folder. If you can't locate the file, use the search function at the top of the screen. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Hi AndrewL

Thank you for your reply, I have tried your suggestion and am pleased to say it works a treat!

I can now save emails to my phone and still have them in Outlook.