Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A21s cant screen mirror

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 04:12 AM)
BIBURYBILL
Navigator
Options

Since a recent update smart view can't find my TV any ideas, thank you .

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@BIBURYBILL 

as first aid 🍼

you may switch off and on your lovely phone then retry 📴

let us know then

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@BIBURYBILL To troubleshoot this issue please head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router > Forget > Back > Toggle Wi-Fi off and on again > Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through the connection steps. Now, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog next to your router > Advanced > MAC Address Type, and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be a contributing factor. I also recommend resetting your router to ensure that there are no temporary network issues. Now, check your TV to make sure that it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then try enabling Smart View once again to see if it is listed in the Available Connections. If not, try connecting via the SmartThings app: Open the app > Add Device > Select your TV > Enter a PIN if prompted > Smart View. 

BIBURYBILL
Navigator
Options

Thank you that did the trick 

0 Likes
DonDon2
Student
Options

Until last week my A21s worked with smart view to my Samsung TV UE55H6800 via a Virgin Media Router, then it stopped. Now when I try the TV Menu screening the TV screen locks and nothing works until you switch the TV off and then restart.

I have been trying for days, my wifes A21s doesn' work and my son's new expensive smart phone doesn't work,  all the phones connect to the TV, it displays Don's A21s connected. But the TV doesn't display the A21s content then after 2 minutes the TV says Don's A21s disconnected.

I am old 90 years but I worked on a Hollerith 555 in 1955 and all my life on mainframes, so I have checked bot the A21s' and the TV are using the same router which is doing about 136Mgbs.

What has gone wrong has something failed in my older TV?

Can you help me?   Don

SchatzSchild
Student
Options

Does not work.  The Smart View option/icon does not reappear.  It existed before on my A21, but it's gone now.  How'd that happen?  There's no SmartThings app in the google play store, I do realize I'm replying to a years old post.  I'd like to cast my A21 while it's connected to mobile data to my laptop so I can navigate full screen and watch content on a larger screen when needed, in cases where there is an internet/power outage, etc.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SchatzSchild: I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to locate the Smart View feature on your Galaxy A21. This should be available by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and selecting 'Smart View' from the on-screen options.

Please note that it won't be possible to utilise Smart View using Mobile data, as the feature requires both the phone and external device to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. For further information, please take a look at the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/tv-buying-guide/what-is-samsung-smart-view/

0 Likes
SchatzSchild
Student
Options

Thanks for the quick reply!  I don't have the Smart View option even when only connected to Wifi.  I did have this functionality previously.  I know how to add additional available buttons and rearrange the buttons for ease of usage, too.  It's no longer there and not available to add.  I'm in the USA and the Samsung A21 I have was purchased at a Boost store.  Could that have something to do with this feature no longer being available?  I am about to switch to one of the new HMD/Nokia phones which allow one to do their own battery/screen/etc. replacements.  I've found that Samsung devices tend to become unusable and not supported too soon after they are placed in the market.  Tablets which can no longer attach well to charging cables and tablet batteries which need replacing, but you  cannot get it done as Samsung no longer makes the parts and businesses only want to use Samsung parts.  So, you are left to order from ebay and fix your own devices sometimes not even 18 months after purchase.  Most people don't want to throw away money by continually replacing their devices.  Sorry for the added venting.  🙂

0 Likes
SchatzSchild
Student
Options

I took screenshots, so you can see exactly what I see and the only available buttons to add.  I previously had the Smart View button enabled.

4th screenshot4th screenshot3rd screenshot3rd screenshot2nd screenshot2nd screenshot1st screenshot1st screenshot

0 Likes