Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Samsung never honor products' warranties

(Topic created on: 21-07-2023 01:48 PM)
SaltnShake
Apprentice
Options
Im very curious to know if Samsung Electronics has ever honored the terms of the warranty of a faulty product.
I am coming across a brick wall any time i try to make a warranty claim for, i.e., a faulty soundbar (manufacturer fault) and a damaged phone screen.
Samsung always seems to make an excuse, i.e., the soundbar works in the engineer's workshop, the mobile phone's imei shows its not from the UK or Europe.
There always seems to be an excuse Samsung deems to be good enough to refuse service.
I just want to point out that in most parts of the World, packaging products with the promise that if the product becomes faulty, you will accept responsibility, and then deciding to completely ignore the terms of a warranty you made, is illegal.
Samsung has twice refused to oblige the warranty terms of my faulty electronics.

I really dont know how Samsung gets away with. It must be genius to simply ignore the warrant's contract.

Samsung's electronics will not be so popular if buyers can't depend on the warranties, especially when consumers start to realize that this company thinks we are irrelevant.
10 REPLIES 10
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I had an s21 it developed a fault with the screen. They sent me a brand new one bearing in mind mine was 12 months old at this point. I was very unfortunate to received a defective unit. Got in touch again and refunded me the full cost of the phone. Bearing in mind it was 12 months old and purchased from argos.
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
They do, they just honour it to the letter. Warranty covers certain parts of certain models. They won't get trolled by people who cause accidental damage and then say "it just happened". Read the warranty properly. It's not always Samsung making the excuses, it can just be people sulking because it isn't covered.

I'm not saying it's right that faults develop outside of warranty, but they aren't (likely) breaking the warranty terms just for bantz.

MB
SaltnShake
Apprentice
Options
But that the thing; the Samsung soundbar I use at home always had problems from brand new. I called Samsung customer service over and over about the soundbar. At one point their customer service gave my brand new 2023 TV a fault, I had the TV only a week. The TV was model was released in March 2023. As you can imagine, I just couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Samsung must be selective as to who they give service to in the instance of honoring a warranty.
I'm really at a loss as to why Samsung doesn't consider my warranty to be valid, regardless of the fact that all my electronics are bought brand new, but I always seem to notice a fault within a few weeks. It's laughable that their engineer told me that the soundbar worked in his workshop, so that solves the problem!
Samsung always makes an excuse when I try to make a repair claim on the warranty. I started arguing with Samsung about soundbar, regularly, about 2 months ago, I think maybe they thought seeing as the warranty has nearly ended, the would just keep me talking until the warranty was no longer valid. You wouldn't believe, that there's still 2 weeks left on the warranty! Unbelievable!!
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
never had an issue with samsung warranty, saying that I've never really claimed anything off them.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Report them to an agency if you think you have a case. If not, except the L

MB
0 Likes
Tedilan
Explorer
Options

What's the model and problem you are annoyed with?

Maybe people here can help advise you to rectify your issue...

0 Likes
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @SaltnShake , The UK & Ireland Community Team here! We'd like to have a look into this for you. Can you send us a Private Message to our Sam_UK account (this one) with your details and any other relevant info?

Guide on how to send a Private/Direct Message here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
758star
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem with Samsung every time. And I have read the warranty. On 2 occasions, they stated that I did not have a valid warranty when given product details until I sent them the evidence.
On this occasion, they have refused to repair my product because of my abusive behaviour towards their engineer. NB, I was not home when the engineer visited (flabbergasted). They have decided to stick with the engineers' report.
I have sort legal action of defamation for the engineers lies as my house is covered by cctv and will separately challenge Samsung on their actions
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @758star ,

Similarly to SaltnShake, if you're UK/Ireland-based, and you'd like the team here to look into things for you, feel free to send us a Private Message with your contact details and any relevant info (e.g. reference numbers) to our @Sam_UK  account (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597) Guide on how to send a Private/Direct Message here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...  

You can also get in touch with us on our socials @SamsungUK - if you haven't done so already.

0 Likes