Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung SCX-3405 Scanner

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 10:48 PM)
Desibatman
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung scx-3405 multifunction printer.

Just had the latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Printer working fine but when I runnthe Scan Assitant software, cannot do anything - scan,amend changes...

Have tried various drivers but no good..

Anyone have a possible solution to this please?

27 REPLIES 27
anna-el
Student
Options

Please see above! Thanks! 

0 Likes
StuckInTheMud
First Poster
Options

I have also just registered to say thank you so much for this. You've saved me buying a new printer.

0 Likes
Jodie33
Student
Options

I'm running Mojave and had the same issue.. I've been wracking my brains for over 6 months with this retched thing. Thankyou to the writer of this post for finding the solution. For Mac download the lastest software drive at 

After installing all the 4 files packaged. When you go into the For Mac: Open the Applications folder > Samsung folder > .I went into scan assistant and it worked. finally.... just make sure you open all the folders in the zip and install all drivers.
0 Likes
Jodie33
Student
Options

thanks so much for this. I am running mac os 10.14 and after 6 months of no scanner, I finally was able to find the solution which started with your post.. thankyou... if you are on a mac and running mojave go here https://www.samsung-driver.org/2019/01/samsung-scx-3405-driver-download-for-mac.html install all packages inside folder and then Open the Applications folder > Samsung folder >  scan assistant.. :smiling-face: very happy thankyou

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This worked for me!  Thank you for providing the link.  I guess in 2020 HP still didn't add it to the SCX-3405W software and drivers as I downloaded everything they had and it still wouldn't work without downloading the Document Creator.

0 Likes
scadagawd
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the info.  It works great!  Can't seem to find the Document Creator for the 3405 on the HP site.

0 Likes
buddy2
First Poster
Options

Thankyou so much, i was ready to deem printer scanner broken and throw it away. Very grateful..

0 Likes
VictorMay
First Poster
Options

Also just registered to like your comment. Thanks a lot man, this works! 

0 Likes
johnhennry
First Poster
Options

Here, mentioned information is perfect to the core. Most of the printers need to install the latest printer drivers. That makes the installation better.

0 Likes
89LVS430
First Poster
Options

I have a SCX-3405FW multifunction printer.  I lost the function of the scanner because of the Windows 10 upgrade.  Now, I can't use the printer.  I got so frustrated that I removed the printer and tried to add it back and know I'm getting the error "can't install scx-3400 kernel-mode printer drivers because of kernel-mode print driver that is compatible with the version of windows you are running, contact the manufacturer".  I can't find anything on the hp website and a I am soooo frustrated.  Can anyone help me Add my printer?

0 Likes