Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE49MU7070 & HW-MS650 soundbar low volume problem

(Topic created on: 07-08-2017 10:21 AM)
Dtag
Student
Options

Hello,

Last week (1-8-2017) I purchased a new UE49MU7070 and HW-MS650 soundbar after reading all the great reviews the soundbar had.

I have the soundbar connected via a HDMI cable connected between the TV and the soundbar (using the ARC compliant HDMI port on the TV)

I have found though, that the output volume is not what expected when using a signal derived from the TV (satellite program from internal TV decoder, Netflix app on the TV, Youtube app on the TV, etc.). I can increase the volume to 50 and the sound level increases as you would expect, but from 50 to 100 the level hardly changes, and even at the maximum volume the sound level is not what you would expect from a 180W soundbar, infact it is still quite low.

Now I know it is the TV that has the audio problem and not the soundbar for the following reasons:-

1. If I use the TV speakers instaead of the soundbar, I still have the problem with volume increasing OK up to to 50 level, but from 50 to 100 there is hardly any increase.

2. If I use the spotify app on the TV, the sound level does go loud. If I play the sound from the soundbar the sound goes really loud (just like all the reviews say it does)

3. And this is the real test that shows it is a TV problem. I also have an X-Box one connected via HDMI to the TV. If I play a movie from Netfilx on the X-Box the sound from the TV/Soundbar increases normally all the way up to the max 100 setting (and sounds great!) as soon as I swith over to the Netflix app on the TV the sound level drops dramatically, proving beyond doubt that it is the sound level coming from the TV that is the problem.

The TV has the latest firmware, and I've gone through all the sound settings on the TV but I can't find anyway to fix the problem. I've found other people complaining about low volume from the soundbar on the internet, but I think it is the TV and not the soundbar that is the problem, I am assuming that all the people who are complaining have the soundbar connected to a Samsung TV.

Has anyone else come across this problem or does anyone have anything for me to try before I take the TV back?

Thanks

David

Go to solution
61 REPLIES 61
Palmll
Student
Options
Same problem with my Samsung RU7100. Different settings fixed it.
0 Likes
Palmll
Student
Options

I eventually found the answer on this board. I had to go into the TV settings, advanced and found the right setting. Mine had something about a delay that was set at 100, I increased it and got substantially more volume. 

0 Likes
Roliver18
Apprentice
Options

Hi! The same problem here... I do not really understand what do you mean by “cable box remote”... how do I change that setting? What is really the cable box remote, the original TV remote?

(I own a QLed7 2018 TV)

thanks so much!!!!!

0 Likes
Roliver18
Apprentice
Options

Same here... changing output settings to Dolby didnt work neither... how do you solve it?

(Q7FN 2018 + HW-Q60r)

0 Likes
Roliver18
Apprentice
Options

Same here... changing output settings to Dolby didnt work neither... how did you solve it?

(Q7FN 2018 + HW-Q60r)

0 Likes
Roliver18
Apprentice
Options

Same here... changing output settings to Dolby didnt work neither... how did you solve it???

(Q7FN 2018 + HW-Q60r)

0 Likes
skil85
Student
Options

There is no solution, just avoid Samsung TVs in the future or return yours, that's all, Samsung asked me to open tickets with all the application with audio issues (YouTube, Amazon, etc ..), that's not what we can expect from a reputable brand. In my household we are moving away from Samsung.

Roliver18
Apprentice
Options

Same here... changing output settings to Dolby didnt work neither... how did you solve it??

(Q7FN 2018 + HW-Q60r)

0 Likes
Roliver18
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I am iphone user too and I have the same problem... How did you solve it???

Thank you so much!!!!

0 Likes
ahmedon
First Poster
Options

@Hil2018 wrote:

just signed up to provide a solution that worked for me.

This is what solved the problem. i have a Samsung TV 40" and a soundbar Samsung HW-MS651. 

very short answer: TV Ouput should be set to Dolby Digital instead of PCM (eventually other formats)

the problem is the TV ouput not the soundbard. After ajusting the settings (which are sometimes reset for unknown reasons), the sound is suddenly becoming very high, and all related (movie) effects were sudenly distincly very audible

here is what you have to do (of course loook for similar menu in your TV, should be similar):

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgenjoy!

take care

Naoufel

Hello, I have 46" Samsung Smart Tv and HW - N450 Samsung soundbar. when i go to the audio setting, additional settings, i can't change the output, i can't click on it, it's PCM and i can't change it. what's the solution? 

0 Likes