Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Symphony played through Wi-fi instead HDMI-eARC

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 10:02 AM)
Mastajacobius
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have Samsung QN90A TV and Samsung HW-Q700A soundbar. I plugged the soundbar into TV via HDMI-eARC cable.
As I said in the title, my problem is that Q-Symphony is only available to play via Wi-Fi connection instead of HDMI-eARC cable.
I can only have soundbar play via HDMI-eARC, but not TV speakers + soundbar, that is only restricted to Wi-Fi.

When I go in Settings > Sound > Sound Output to turn on Q-Symphony:

Only option I get is "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q700A (Wi-Fi)" instead of "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q700A (HDMI-eARC)".

This surely means my audio output is limited when watching content with Dolby Atmos and alike, right?

Also, for whatever reason - whenever I turn on my TV, soundbar doesn't turn on autonatically, so I need to turn on Q-Symphony manually every time....

This is really driving me crazy, I really need some help here please.

Regards,
Masta

26 REPLIES 26
Sail2
First Poster
Options

I have a QN90B TV ans Q990B soundbar and it’s the same issue and was like other poster said it drives me crazy too when it’s not working as designed. 
I called Samsung Pro line and the first time resetting like the OP on the sound bar was their solution and it worked for a day or so and now I couldn’t get Q-symphony to work and it would be either TV speaker or the soundbar without the TV+soundbar option showing up.

I called again and this time spent another good hour on the phone and she also suggested the Anynet+ but still didn’t work until I saw this post and my work like other said only on Wifi.

Is the Wi-Fi option for Q-Symphony not as good because it’s compressed signal for the sound?  

Bodaboi
First Poster
Options

I just setup the Q700B and even after setting up Anynet+ it wouldn't give me the option for TV+soundbar through HDMI eARC. Only after I signed into the SmartThings app and registered the soundbar did the option come up

BSinSea23
First Poster
Options

Qsymphony can only work with Wi-Fi, hdmi eArc/arc, can only transfer audio to a single source , in this case TV to sound bar, therefore disabling TV audio, in order for the tv and sound bar to both transmit audio at the same time it must be via Wi-Fi connections which can receive multiple and transmit multiple audio connections( multiple speakers and even multiple Samsung sound bars). Its the technology (ARC) not Samsung. The Wi-Fi audio will be degraded anyways so just keep the audio output on eArc. As four Wi-Fi sounding louder, yes because it’s degraded audio so lower quality is typically louder 

lentopastel
First Poster
Options

Are you sure? There seems to exist that option to some people "TV + Soundbar Q990B (HDMI-eARC)" Image 5509.png

0 Likes
retiredat44
Student
Options

the smart things app never worked for me... I put in lots of time and effort and it just doesn't, must be al the Samsung stuff I bought doesn't work with it.. and am not spending another zillion hours trying..

0 Likes
retiredat44
Student
Options

I left Samsung for my new TV's they anytime issues were a nightmare.. I went with another great brand and spent a fortune for those.. none of the network issues nonsense, they just work as intended. I have the Samsung Soundbars, pretty new, and an older Samsung tv, now duty waiting for a guest room. Plus Samsung phones.

0 Likes
jasonkhaw1
First Poster
Options

I had no issues with Q-Symphony via HDMI e-ARC when I first bought my Samsung TV and Soundbar (Q930B) till it changed to Q-Symphony via WIFI recently. Took a couple of days to troubleshoot on my own, with Samsung call centre and finally with the help of the Samsung on-site tech guy, we managed to identify that a HDMI splitter which I installed was causing the e-ARC not to work. 

0 Likes