Original topic:

Q-Symphony played through Wi-fi instead HDMI-eARC

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 10:02 AM)
Mastajacobius
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Hello,

I have Samsung QN90A TV and Samsung HW-Q700A soundbar. I plugged the soundbar into TV via HDMI-eARC cable.
As I said in the title, my problem is that Q-Symphony is only available to play via Wi-Fi connection instead of HDMI-eARC cable.
I can only have soundbar play via HDMI-eARC, but not TV speakers + soundbar, that is only restricted to Wi-Fi.

When I go in Settings > Sound > Sound Output to turn on Q-Symphony:

Only option I get is "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q700A (Wi-Fi)" instead of "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q700A (HDMI-eARC)".

This surely means my audio output is limited when watching content with Dolby Atmos and alike, right?

Also, for whatever reason - whenever I turn on my TV, soundbar doesn't turn on autonatically, so I need to turn on Q-Symphony manually every time....

This is really driving me crazy, I really need some help here please.

Regards,
Masta

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewShu
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

I turned off the power of the TV not only with the remote control but also from the outlet, and also turned off the power from the outlet of the soundbar. then unplugged the hdmi cable from the tv. after 2-3 minutes (this is important) I connected the hdmi cable, then turned on the power of the TV, then the soundbar. everything worked

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
Members_BTuXmbc
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

I am having exactly the same issue with my QN95A TV and the HW-Q700A. I am using the HDMI cable provided in the box

0 Likes
DicedSourApple
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Same issue here

0 Likes
Mastajacobius
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

OP here.
So I did a factory reset on both my TV and soundbar which fixed the problem... sadly I cannot provide any more troubleshoot info as in why and how.
Hope this helps fixing your problem.

0 Likes
PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options
Audio & Video

Hi, any joy with a fix for this ? I’m getting the exact same issue with a HW-Q950T sound bar. 
I have just ordered some premium ultra high speed HDMI Cables in the hope it may help ! 

0 Likes
majipoor
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

I have exactly the same problem : The frame 65 2020 and Q950a, Q Symphony is available only for Wifi. Not on HDMI.

0 Likes
Jakecalvert
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Same issue here. It happened right after I added the Alexa functionality. 

HW-Q900T W/ QN90A TV. 

0 Likes
Hawk2078
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Was having same issue … was on arc hdmi for a year but then was Wi-Fi for some reason … after factory resets didn’t work I was at a loss … what finally worked for me was toggling the TV anynet+ CEC off and then on

0 Likes
PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options
Audio & Video

That’s interesting, and this worked for you ? I’ll give it a try later and see what happens. 

0 Likes
PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options
Audio & Video

Tried Anynet+ off and on to no avail. So ***** frustrating that over £2,000 of tv and audio equipment from the same manufacturer doesn’t work as it should. 
will be staying away from Samsung in the future. 

0 Likes