Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom app, Deezer with R6 and r7 speaker issue

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 07:05 PM)
Ian62
Journeyman
Options

We have the r6 and r7 wireless speakers and used the multiroom app to listen to music through Deezer for several years. 

For some reason now we are unable to access Deezer to play music. It comes up saying no internet connection, when it is working perfectly well.  Or it asks us to sign in to Deezer but will not accept the username and password.

We have uninstalled the Samsung and Deezer app turned phones off and on and reinstalled the apps. 

Deezer want us to delete Deezer from the multiroom app and then reinstall it on to the app as it doesn't recognise the username and password. 

How to we delete and reset Deezer on the app?

Any other ideas on what the problem may be please

25 REPLIES 25
CarlH
Options

Hi @Ian62. Are you running Deezer on your phone? If so which one and is the software all up to date?

0 Likes
Ian62
Journeyman
Options

Yes we have the Deezer app on the phones but we are not normally signed in  to it and don't normally use it on the phone just at home on the speakers. The software is up-to-date for the phone, multiroom and for Deezer

0 Likes
Ian62
Journeyman
Options

The phones we use are an a5 and am a70 and they have successfully run multiroom before last week

0 Likes
AM1982
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I'm having exactly the same problem with my R7 speaker. It's an issue for many people as I've been on Deezer Community and there are a number of similar complaints. Deezer say they've looked into it and it's something Samsung has to deal with. 

0 Likes
Ian62
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, I'm glad it's not just us.  We've done everything Samsung have suggested so far with no luck so will try to talk to the Tec people directly now. Deezer suggested deleting Deezer from the app and reinstating it but without deleting and reinstalling the whole app I don't know how you do that.

Samsung asked if it was only Deezer we were having trouble with but as we don't use any of the others i wouldn't know.  Does anyone else have trouble with other music provides through the multiroom app?

t1no
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung WAM 3500 and Samsung phone running Android 10 and have the same issue. It seems as that after reading Deezer support commnity pages there is a major issue with Samsung Multiroom app as many Deezer users report the same problem. I use TuneIn, Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz and there is no problem with any of these services

So if you are currently  logged in to Deezer with the Samsung multiroom app, then you can browse playlists, but you can't play them. The error is that there is no internet connection. This cannot be true because I was able to browse the playlists in the first place. Also if you log out of the Deezer service you cannot  log back in again. It says that your password is invalid even though I can use the same credentials in the Deezer app and online and they do work. 

Please Samsung can you fix? People have invested a lot of money into the Samsung multiroom system only to find the integration with their favourite service is now broken.

Ian62
Journeyman
Options

Not only would it be nice to have the problem fixed I was told to phone to speak to someone but the queue for help is so long I give up in exasperation

0 Likes
JaneD
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung via their Chat on May 11th with the same issue. We too have had no problem with using Deezer within the Multiroom App until then. Initially it would let us into Deezer and select music but wouldn't play, saying it was an internet problem. I sort help from Deezer but like others their solution required deleteing Deezer from within the Multiroom App which users know is not possible. In the process of deleting an reinstalling Deezer and Multiroom we, like others, are now locked out of Deezer within Multiroom with the 'ID or Password is incorrect' message. I can use Deezer via Bluetooth but not over WiFi. Like others we have invested in a Samsung TV, Soundbar, R7, Sub Woofer, Android phone and Washing Machine (which also broke down after 4 years).

I am still awaiting the phone call from Samsung promised on 11th May to resolve this. Not impressed.

Jane 

AM1982
Apprentice
Options

I hear you. It's really frustrating. Thanks for the update.