Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Possible obsolete aging? - Samsung Multiroom Wifi Speakers M7 (WAM750)

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 08:40 AM)
Members_WZn6bpw
Journeyman
Options

Dear samsung community,

I experienced something very remarkable with my 2006 samsung multriroom wifi audio setup.

When I unplugged these after July 1 and plugged them back in to the wall, they went into a bootloop.

As a result, I contacted Samsung Support Belgium: They asked me at one point to disconnect the entire house from power (meter box) to then test if the problems were resolved. They suspected a jammer.
Before I disconnected all power there was still 1 of the 5 mutiroom wifi speaker that had not yet been disconnected from the power and was still working OK

However, when the power came back on during the support call with samsung, this one was also broken, and had exactly the same bootloop problem.

The suspicion of obsolete aging is in my eyes a possible cause in this case.

Samsung Whatsapp support has escalated the problem internally and will come back with an answer. I keep you updated in this post.

However, I already wanted to inquire here if there are other people with the same speakers who are now experiencing the same problem.
Or maybe you guys have an idea what the problem might be and what I could test to see if that solves the problems

Hard reset according to the samsung procedures/manual does not work because the bootloop is too fast to perform it.

Speakers: Samsung M7 (WAM750/XN)

Do you guys have the same speakers and the same experience?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_zNiBXg0
Journeyman
Options
13 REPLIES 13
Solution
Members_zNiBXg0
Journeyman
Options
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

I have some good news for you! You don't have to reset your speakers. Instead, find the IP address of the speaker and go to your internet router. From there, block Samsung speakers' IP addresses from accessing the internet. I tested this with two speakers and the rebooting loop stopped. 

Loveall27_0-1688994852447.png

Either you block your speakers from accessing the internet or

if you want to have your speakers connect to Spotify/Radio/Pandora ect.
You need to block these addresses:

1. connect.deezer.com
  2. api.iheart.com
  3. api2.iheart.com 

from your network .Turns out it's boot looping because the iheart radio and deezer api is no longer working correctly with our speakers

Members_HCS7Cmw
First Poster
Options

Well, here the same issues. However, the speaker(s) can not connect anymore after deleting them from the app. Wifi will not connect.

The speakers work  but there is no more support. The biggest problem nowadays, only what often can be done is put it in the garbage. 

0 Likes
yvesch
First Poster
Options

having exactly the same issue. first with my WAM750 (tried 1000 times to get it to run again) and since today with my M5 as well…

0 Likes
Psydachs
Apprentice
Options

Having the same problem! HW-K960 ATMOS soundbar, 2x R5 and one R1. This setup costs a fortune, Samsung must find a problem to this ASAP

0 Likes
AB010
Explorer
Options

How do I block the samsung speaker from access to internet? My router does not seem to support this? Or should I turn off DMZ hosting and / or DCHP binding? That's all i can switch on or off in my router.

0 Likes
Members_znDpilF
Student
Options

Yes, the same problem for my two speakers.

0 Likes
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

I completely understand how frustrating it can be to navigate the complexities of various makes and models of devices, each with different firmware and capabilities. As someone who is technically skilled, I was able to figure it out on my own without assistance. However, if you're struggling, it may be helpful to reach out to someone you know who has some knowledge about computers and routers. Alternatively, if your router was provided by your internet service provider, you can contact their tech support for further assistance.

0 Likes
Members_znDpilF
Student
Options

Thanks, this solution worked for me.

0 Likes