Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom app, Deezer with R6 and r7 speaker issue

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 07:05 PM)
Ian62
Journeyman
Options

We have the r6 and r7 wireless speakers and used the multiroom app to listen to music through Deezer for several years. 

For some reason now we are unable to access Deezer to play music. It comes up saying no internet connection, when it is working perfectly well.  Or it asks us to sign in to Deezer but will not accept the username and password.

We have uninstalled the Samsung and Deezer app turned phones off and on and reinstalled the apps. 

Deezer want us to delete Deezer from the multiroom app and then reinstall it on to the app as it doesn't recognise the username and password. 

How to we delete and reset Deezer on the app?

Any other ideas on what the problem may be please

25 REPLIES 25
Malte1978
First Poster
Options

Hello!

Me and my whole family are Samsung customer for approx. 15 years now....

This means a lot of time, and a lot of money during the past years for Smartphones, TV, Audio, etc. ...

I just came back from the hospital, where I staied for 4 weeks and became aware of the same problems with Samsung Multiroom and DEEZER, as several people described here.

Jane did describe perfectly with her post from ‎thursday, ‎28. ‎May ‎2020, ‏‎19:35:30 (JaneD)...

No problem at all to deal with the playlists, but not able to play. Once logged out , we get the message, that username or password are incorrect. Deezer APP itself works fine. We tried to resign in several time on every samsung device, but get the same error message all the time. All devices are up to date ("AUTO-update"!).

I did invest a few thousands of euros for 11 speakers (soundbar, subwoofer, several R1, R5, R7...) and a TV and it´s just frustraiting to see (or even NOT to see!), how Samsung deals with customer cares!!!

I´m really missing an official feedback from Samsung for all the issues, that are called out by customers, who baught Samsung products for a long time!

Such a customer service is my kind of motivation to switch over to other brands!!!

Hello???

Is there any official samsung employee, reading these messages here??

Regards,

Malte 😞

Ian62
Journeyman
Options

Having posted of login issues with Deezer via the multiroom app. 

I have persisted and tried to phone 6 times.  3 times I gave up. Twice I got through and I really don't think they understood what I was even talking about, they were trying to get me to lo m with the tv, and wanted me to phone and book a repair. 

Finally I got through to someone who got what I was talking about and after a short time I was told that it was going to be logged with Samsung as an update issue and it would be looked into.  To breast with them and keep am eye out for an update and keep trying.

Thank you to the person I spoke to who got what I was talking about. 

Be patient is the word folks

t1no
Explorer
Options
Thanks for persisting with this. Hope there is some resolution soon.
0 Likes
Krop
Apprentice
Options

Tired of waiting.   Service of both Samsung and Deezer is really non-existant.  Too bad, I really liked deezer, so did my wife and kids.   Changed to Spotify this month.

Also: the samsung app hasn't had updates in months and months --> probably their way of discontinueing the product.

Tip: at some point: 2 of my R7's refused to connect after internet outage.   The only solution: an old Ipad (with old software) to get things going again.  

Clearly,  there is zero-investment from samsung in their existing userbase.   I'm in the market now for a new audio setup in our second home.   It is not going to be samsung.  Shame.  I really liked what their engineers have achieved with the R7's, the QLED tv's...

Big question is now: what's a safe bet when it comes to buying into a new system....

0 Likes
t1no
Explorer
Options

I have posted on a related thread that it appears to be working again on my R3. Finally!!! :smiling-face:

t1no
Explorer
Options
@Ian62 ... can you try it again? ... it's started to work again for me on my Samsung R3 setup.
0 Likes
AM1982
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for that. Just tried on my R7 and it's working, too. Good stuff.
0 Likes
JaneD
Apprentice
Options
It appears that the Multiroom and Deezer issue may have been fixed. (10th July) It's incredulous that the CEOs complaints department haven't let me know considering we've been waiting for a fix since May. Lets hope they continue to maintain the software in the future.
Jane D
AM1982
Apprentice
Options
Superb.
0 Likes
holden11
First Poster
Options

any update on this?

why samsung doesn't release the firmware/app open source?

0 Likes