Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q950T Speakers popping/crackling after firmware upgrade

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 12:38 PM)
daleslad
First Poster
Options

Since updating my HW-Q950T soundbar firmware to version 1019.5, the speakers crackle/pop when I change TV channel. It seems to happen when I change from a standard definition to high definition channel and vice versa. However changing from HD to HD or SD to SD, it is fine. This occurs when using the TV's in built tuner and also an external Sky Q satellite receiver. It also occurs when using apps such as Netflix or Amazon Prime. The TV is a Samsung QE65Q90T (firmware 1497.0) The sound is output through the tv & soundbar via Q Symphony (HDMI-eARC). The Sound Mode is Adaptive Sound. The HDMI-eARC Mode is Auto. The Digital Output Audio Format is Pass-through and Dolby Atmos Compatibility is on. If I switch eARC mode off, the crackling stops but I loos the eARC benefits such as Lip Sync. The crackling/popping noises only started occuring after I updated the soundbar firmware from 1017 to 1019. I've contacted Samsung support but they just had me reset the TV & Soundbar which didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing the crackling/popping and how to get rid of it without switching off eARC? Many thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Mine is fine to be honest. Silly question though. Are you using a 4k HDMI cable and you have checked it is not loose? I know its Silly but sometimes it's the basics
0 Likes
daleslad
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply. The HDMI cable was one of the first things I checked - the issue still occurred with an alternate cable.

0 Likes
Luirangel914
First Poster
Options

Any luck solving this? I’m having the same issue. I noticed there’s a new firmware available via usb. I’m going to give that a shot 

0 Likes
daleslad
First Poster
Options

The firmware upgrade didn't help me - it is worse if anything!

0 Likes
ShuhailNP
Journeyman
Options

Even i am facing same issue in T650 after update. Crackling sound in rear speaker at high volumes. Was not there before.

I will try switching of the e arc

0 Likes