Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R unable setup wifi

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 03:55 PM)
Matthewwtaylor
First Poster
Options

Have had soundbar for some weeks, however having no joy what so ever in getting it connected to WiFi. Using the smart things app. It see the soundbar, however keeping getting message unable to connect and stops at 38%. Help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
mmattys
First Poster
Options

Me to

0 Likes
toretorden
Apprentice
Options

I've had the HW-Q96R for some months now, but noticed that it's been offline for a while in the smartthings app.

I removed the soundbar in my smartthings app, then tried to re-add. It gets to 99% and then I get a message it couldn't connect to the network. Very strange.

Firmware update via USB doesn't initiate, even after following the guide here: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201908/20190802135621805/2019_Soundbar_Firmware_Upgrad...

What gives?

0 Likes
aashay2035
First Poster
Options

Same issue here I got the Samsung Q90R sound bar and I can't adjust the sound profile at all. And it is not connecting to smarthings

0 Likes
toretorden
Apprentice
Options

For myself, I eventually figured out the problem.

When re-adding the soundbar in smartthings, I got a prompt saying the device was already registered. I hadn't reset it, so that made sense. Smartthings app seemed to suggest resetting it for me so it could be added anew. Great! That's when I started getting stuck at 99%.

As part of the troubleshooting step, I did want to do a proper reset of the soundbar, but couldn't figure out how. I read the manual in two languages, looked through Samsung support pages, spent a lot of time.. only to FINALLY find the answer in a user post.

Which was (for the hw-q96r): While soundbar is on, press settings button (cogwheel) on remote, then press and hold again for at least 10 sec. You'll get a message and the soundbar powers off. Reset complete!

I suspect you need to press and hold setting button as there's something in the display, so perhaps pressing volume (mute) and then holding settings button also works.

Extremely annoying that information like this is so hard to find or even non-existent in Samsung's own documentation.

Easton4
First Poster
Options

Did you ever figure this out? Im having the same issue 😞

0 Likes
Matthewwtaylor
First Poster
Options

Yes I did, I had to conduct a hard reset which was found on another post somewhere, but not.for this version bar. If find will post it.

0 Likes
aashay2035
First Poster
Options

I reset the bar, I think I removed it from smart things and held some buttons to reset it. Then it worked somehow after essentially doing the settup again.

0 Likes
Easton4
First Poster
Options

Could you tell my what buttons by chance please? This is so frustrating  

0 Likes
aashay2035
First Poster
Options
I think it was power with the + or - button. The manual can help too.
0 Likes