Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 file path for Gear S3 music?

(Topic created on: 25-03-2017 12:14 PM)
jon
First Poster
Options

Hi,

What is the file path on Galaxy S7 for the music folder that Gear S3 see?

I am trying to load music onto the Gear S3 but cannot figure out what folder to put music into on my Galaxy S7 so the Gear app will recognize it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @jon. :smileyhappy:

It should see music files in Apps > Samsung > My Files > Device Storage > Audio. 

0 Likes
jon
First Poster
Options

I don't see that file path in the phone storage directory. There is no folder for Apps. What app are you using to see that?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jon.

It's the normal 'Apps' icon which is usualy found on your home screen. This allows you to view all apps downloaded to your phone where you should be able to locate 'Samsung'.

0 Likes
jon
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I don't I am explaining my question well enough.  I'm trying to identify the file path of the music folder on my S7 storage, not the location of the music app icon. When I open the Gear app to try to add tracks to my Gear S3 there are no songs identified. So I want to know which folder the app is looking at on the phone so I can put songs in the right place on my phone to transfer to my Gear S3. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
fiesty88
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same issue. on my phone samsung gear app, ive selected transfer to watch, when i click, select tracks, it doesnt find anything. yet ive tried buying an album on google music on on my s7 edge (which is the only music app i could find that was already installed on the phone) and it still doesnt appear, also tried saving it to sd card, and trying again.  been through loads of settings, still no joy. where does it pull the tracks from on the phone (which app, or phone location)

0 Likes
Valacer
First Poster
Options

Yeah, me too.

In fact not only can i not find music to transfer using the Wear app, but the Samsung Music app wont find any music.

7 other media player apps and three other storage apps all find the music.

0 Likes