Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S3 Update - Customizable Pace Coaching. WHERE?!

(Topic created on: 28-03-2017 04:56 PM)
FunkyMagicUK
Journeyman
Options

The latest update change log suggests "customisable pace coaching" is now available.

I can only find the preset "pace-setter" target type that was always there, where do I need to look, as I find the preset profiles a bit useless and would love to be able to tweak them (which I take "customisable pace coaching" to mean).

Same goes with the new HR Zone info, although I expect I'll maybe see that during or post my next run.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, @FunkyMagicUK

Some new settings should have now been added to the S Health App.

You can go to S Health > Running > Track > Pace Target > Select Pace-Setter > Select Add from the top right hand corner. From here you can customise pace training. 

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
FunkyMagicUK
Journeyman
Options
Actually, "Samsung Internet For Gear" doesn't seem to exist either.

Is there some kind of adjunct updates to be delivered via the Galaxy App Store that hasn't caught up yet??
0 Likes
FunkyMagicUK
Journeyman
Options

Updated HR Zone info is available in the S Health watch app POST activity.

Theres a couple of undocumented changes too...

1) the spoken coaching prompts are now output at MEDIA volume setting where previously it was at NOTIFICATION volume setting (this is much better)

2) The app on the watch is rebranded to "Samsung Health" - which is a bit daft as it just appears as "Samsung" in the app circle thing....also, I think they forgot to share this info as in the "Widget browser", the 4 app shortcut widget still shows "S Health" when looking at the example widget!

Still haven't found custom pace profiles after one run. Also...whilst the watch showed correct distance all the way...AFTER it had synchronised to phone, then the activity distance was DOUBLED showing me running nearly 20km in 52 minutes (which I cant!). 

The data was synced fine to Strava and showing correct distance. The sync to Runkeeper created TWO entries, both of the double length. Suspect there's something wrong in the Runkeeper sync which causes some double measurement, so I've disabled that (I only used it whilst Strava sync was unreliable previously).

0 Likes
FunkyMagicUK
Journeyman
Options

Anyone found "customisable pace coaching" yet, or was it a dropped feature that got left in the change log? 😞

0 Likes
Solution
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, @FunkyMagicUK

Some new settings should have now been added to the S Health App.

You can go to S Health > Running > Track > Pace Target > Select Pace-Setter > Select Add from the top right hand corner. From here you can customise pace training. 

cv2018
First Poster
Options

I found how to customize the pace on the samsung app but previouly the customized setting was able to sync or transfer over to the gearfit2 but I can't figure out how to tranfer it anymore.  I was told that this was not possible but I know it is because I was able to to it before please help.  The preste paces on the gearfit are useless and would love to be able to transfer the customized pace to the gear once again

TomasKrko
First Poster
Options

Anyone solved this problem ? I know how to customize pace setter on mobile app Health S but I want to export it on my gear fit 2 !!!! For running this bands are unusable now ! How can I set custom pace setter on my bands ?

0 Likes
samsing
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue. Although you can customise the setting - Distance + Time. Its pretty limited as it seems to insist on adding a "warm up" and a "cool down" phase that you can't alter. If you want to use this whilst running a set distance that is timed (Park Run, 10K race etc) its out of sync at the begining and end. It would be better if you could adjust the warm up and cool down to zero and start the pace coaching as you cross the start and finish the coaching as you cross the finish...

Does the App allow this or not? 

Karl31415
First Poster
Options

I see this is an old discussion but I too would like my custom pace setting in S-Health to show up on my Gear Fit 2 Pro.  S-Health is supposed to work with Gear Fit 2 but seems like there is much you can only do on the phone app, so whats the point of buying  a wrist tracker if I have to run with my phone with me?

0 Likes
Sconisbee
First Poster
Options
Totally agree. The warm up and cool down sections totally make the pace setter unusable for me. I want to know I can run a 5k in 25 minutes and keep to pace but I then need to run it in 15 minutes effectively which is not the point. At least give us the option to remove the warm up and cool down or something. Would love to use this feature but as is, no use to me or any serious runner.