Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain on Samsung Gear S2 Classic

(Topic created on: 24-03-2017 05:53 PM)
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

My watch's battery has crashed twice in the last two weeks, going from a reasonable %charge to zero very quickly and then switching itself off with no warning.

The first time this happened I did a factory restore and then turned everything off, notifications, wifi, etc. That seemd=ed to cure the problem and the watch was lasting 3 days without charge

its done it again today, no warning just switched itself off. Was 100% this morning. and turned off at 3pm

Ive seen some reports it could be to do with a recent android update, but im not sure

Has anyone go any ideas ?

Im connecting it to a Samsung S6 edge 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @Madmoose.

Any issues with Bluetooth on your phone (e.g. poor or intermittent connection)? And what Android version is your phone on? Settings > About Device.

0 Likes
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

HI There

Thanks for your reply. Not got any issues with bluetooth as far as I am aware its working fine.

Curret version on phone is Android 6.0.1

Im aware that if the phone is away from the watch the wath tries to get a connection and the battery drain can be high. But the phones was with me all day so not sure why its done it

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries - and thanks! Is the Gear Manager app on your phone up to date? And was anything changed on the phone or watch just before the battery issue started?

0 Likes
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Yes gear manager app is up to date. And nothing was changed before this started happening. 

0 Likes
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

One thought. I've just noticed the good lock app was active although I don't remember it being so before. As I thought I'd got rid. I was aware of an update to it but can't believe it activated automatically  I've uninstallEd it to see.

Could be clutching at straws

0 Likes