Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Navigator

I believe somebody did manage to get JL to sort it, this was in store.

Myself and a few others who purchased online have contacted them but they are being very slow in their responses. Some have gotten a bit further, I personally am still waiting for a reply, I am going to wait until Wednesday, that will be 2 weeks with no response and then I’m going to contact somebody higher up at John Lewis

Explorer

I'm also still wating a response re the 'Smartthings Extend USB dongle'. I have emailed 3 times now to support. Phoned the main support number twice. Yesterday, support tried to put me through to the department who are dealing with my query and they refused to speak to me over the phone!! The lovely lady was in shock at the response and has detailed it on the file. They told her they would get back to me on tomorrow! I await their email/call. I am thinking that feathers have begun to be ruffled!! 

Hotshot

wrote:

I'm also still wating a response re the 'Smartthings Extend USB dongle'. I have emailed 3 times now to support. Phoned the main support number twice. Yesterday, support tried to put me through to the department who are dealing with my query and they refused to speak to me over the phone!! The lovely lady was in shock at the response and has detailed it on the file. They told her they would get back to me on tomorrow! I await their email/call. I am thinking that feathers have begun to be ruffled!! 

Just keep the pressure on them. They can not claim ignorance as they will know the law. 

Explorer

Oh I will!!

Navigator

my personal view on this is they know they all have nothing to lose by trying to make this as drawn out and difficult as possible as it might dissuade most people from progressing further.

they can either try that method or see if we take them to court to reclaim any or all the money, the end result for them isnt that different. they either give us a refund or they go to court and are forced to give us a refund.

now you would think thats bad publicity, but with the limited high street options available, they know full well a handful of peeved customers wont make a jot of difference, they will still sell stuff by the bucket load.

we cant even make a direct complaint to trading standards, so we are just stuck with limited powers.

im going to contact the citizens advice this week, although I dont think that matters much. if nothing has happened by the end of the week, I will have to consider the small claims court as a final option.

Navigator

Currys replied this morning - 

"Thank you for your email dated 30th January 2018.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response.   

We do appreciate your frustration, however, we won't be looking to provide a full refund or replacement item.  As a gesture, we'd be happy to provide you with £100.00, to cover the cost of the item in the link below, that will allow you to use some of the features you are missing; 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/smartthings/hub-f-hub-uk-v2/ 

This is purely a gesture and not an admission of liability, please advise if you'd be happy for this resolution. 

Thank you for contacting Team knowhow. 

Kind regards, "

£100!!? Ha!

Helping Hand

wrote:

Currys replied this morning - 

"Thank you for your email dated 30th January 2018.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response.   

We do appreciate your frustration, however, we won't be looking to provide a full refund or replacement item.  As a gesture, we'd be happy to provide you with £100.00, to cover the cost of the item in the link below, that will allow you to use some of the features you are missing; 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/smartthings/hub-f-hub-uk-v2/ 

This is purely a gesture and not an admission of liability, please advise if you'd be happy for this resolution. 

Thank you for contacting Team knowhow. 

Kind regards, "

£100!!? Ha!

Would you like to borrow one of my emails again?

Highlighted
Navigator

wrote:

Haha if you don't mind mate

I want more than £100!

Helping Hand

wrote:

wrote:

Haha if you don't mind mate

I want more than £100!

Many thanks for the offer but I will be declining as the television has been mis-sold by Curry's and I am within my rights to ask for a full refund or replacement as stated in the case this was my primary reason for buying the tv as it was meant to act as a smart hub which now is no longer possible.

Please can you let me know your thoughts on the above.

Kind Regards,
Navigator

Thanks again

Top Liked Authors