Support

Open search

Ice maker stopped on RS68N8230S9 fridge freezer

First Poster

Hi, have seen this topic a few times but no actual resolution. We have had this fridge /freezer for about 6 months and has worked perfectly until now. Yesterday it stopped producing any ice and the ice box is empty. If I press the test button the tray rotates and empties anything in it and then a small amount of water flows presumably to refill the tray but if I then leave that nothing further happens.

I am trying to arrange an engineers visit but is there anything else I can do in the meantime? I suspect it is frozen somehwere and have read on the american forums about a forced defrost but don't know if this model can do that. I also have a freezer full of food and my wife won't take kindly to me turning it off for several hours!

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Navigator

Hey!

I know I absolutely wouldn't take kindly to it either. Best to avoid turning it off at the minute!

In the meantime, I'd take a look at some of the troubleshooting steps from the user manual. You can find this here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201807/20180712151742226/DA68-03725A-06_SEUK.pdf The first thing it mentions is to check the freezer temperature as it may be set too high! It needs to be between -18 °C (0 °F) or -20 °C.

Something I'd try would be to clean out the ice bucket in case there's any big clumps of ice build up. Then just check to see whether the water filter is installed correctly. 

Let us know how you get on, either with the troubleshooting or the engineer visit!

First Poster

Saw that temp comment and was the first thing I tried. Also Ice bucket is completely empty. Waiting for engineer to arrange a visit. 

Top Liked Authors