Support

Open search

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

Highlighted
Explorer

@Dougweller wrote:

Do you have all the updates? My wife and I can connect to devices via. Bluetooth.

I wonder if it's an app causing the problems.

It cant be an app, it occured after a system update around a year ago, plus if it is an app problem it would be Samsungs responsibility to fix as I use Samsung music. The problem isnt that I cannot use bluetooth, it is that my phone will now automatically sync for calls only, bluetooth audio wont sync unless I switch bluetooth on and off

Highlighted
First Poster
Well I updated the phone, which I haven’t done in ages, fixed...
Highlighted
First Poster

Bluetooth of my Samsung A8 (2018) is constantly connecting and disconnecting with my car (audio) since the last update. This is very, very, very annoying. Samsung, please do something about it asap... fix it!!

Highlighted
First Poster

Same is happening for me. Since the last 2 updates my Bluetooth won't stay connected in my car.

I've reset connections and cleared data/caches but the issue seems to be getting worse not better.

Any suggestions for fixes would be great 

Highlighted
Apprentice

It's a bit hard to see how something that doesn't affect everyone, and that at least one person recently solved by updating their phone, can be fixed. It seems likely it's either not updating or other Apps being the problem, or even the software of the car.

Highlighted
First Poster

I did wonder if it was something to do with Spotify as that is the main app I use in the car and it often use to freeze when playing in the car, but it seems to work ok with Bluetooth headphones (although it took 6 goes for the phone to connect to them the other day).

It could be the car, it's due for a service soon so I'll check as to whether there are updates available for the entertainment system, I'm hoping it will upgrade to android auto so I can connect via usb and not need to use Bluetooth in the car.

But there is a clear link between this issue starting after a recent update. 

Top Liked Authors