Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch Active insane battery drain after update

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 04:25 PM)
massi93
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

So I own a Watch Active v1 and after this recent update, battery has been really an issue. My set up is an Iphone 8 plus + watch active. It was doing great before the update, I was getting barely 2 days with my personal settings.

Symptoms? Every time I go to sleep with 100% I wake up with 60%-70% (best case scneario). I checked the battery usage and at the top "Samsung Health" appears every day.

After this update, I can't get to a 1 single day. I tried everything:

-resetting and hard resetting watch

-resetting/unistalling galaxy watch app and samsung health from iphone

-setting every single setting from the watch which could  save up battery (brightness , hr measuring, connections etc)

-updating to last version of every app mentioned above

-reading  every thread here to try solutions proposed there

I don't know if eventually this is going to be read by someone at samsung, but if you are going to update your devices without providing a solution after screwing up, at least give us the chance to rollback.

Thanks for reading

Go to solution
49 REPLIES 49
Tlbailey79
Student
Options

I just recently started having this problem.  It just happened all of a sudden.  I'm pretty sure it was after the last update.  The "solution" that was given above does not help my situation.  Before the update I could go at least 2 days without charging my battery.  Now I have to charge after 8-10 hours.  This sucks.  Please find a fix ASAP.

Tlbailey79
Student
Options

I don't know if that's the issue.  I have an Android and always have and I have this issue.

0 Likes
tbuccelli
Student
Options

As a follow-up, I should have clarified, I have the Active 2 watch.  I reset the watch and my power drain issues were resolved - I am back up to 2+ to 3 days of use. Maybe it coincided with a Sumsung update, but all working now. 

0 Likes
Watchactive1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem as you can have a iPhone and a Samsung Watch active and when I go to sleep I have like 45 and I wake up with dead. Did yuk find a solution to Your problem 

0 Likes
Tamdoc67
Student
Options

I'm in the same boat, wife bought me the watch for my birthday, so disappointed in it, 2 weeks I've had it and never managed more than 12 hours on a full charge, and that's it stripped down to bare essentials, watch isn't fit for purpose, not happy at all. 

PeterNZ
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my 42mm Gen 1 Smart Watch. It updated 2 days ago and since then comes off the charger at 6 am and is flat by 3:30 PM. It used to last until 11 PM before needing to be charged so it never had great battery life but since the update it is now no longer fit for purpose. I have already unpaired and reset it but it is still going flat by 3:30PM.

Universalman8
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on Samsung Galaxy S8...

It all worked fine since 2 days ago when I updated the watch.

now the battery on Active 2 doesn't last even a day (usually lasted 2+ days), so , if I track my daly activity i cannot track my sleep pattern and vice versa.

Fix the bug Samsung, cause I and many other users would never again buy Samsung products just because of your poorly adjusted software.

It is a shame that such quality and strong company is losing it just because of software issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I know this is months later BUT it it is nothing to do with a faulty watch!  I have the 40mm Galaxy Active watch and I have just switched from a Samsung Galaxy S9 to an iPhone XS Max and the battery NOW barely lasts 20 hours whereas before it would give me at least 36 hours! So, WTH is going on? 

jimw1
Journeyman
Options

I'm fed up with the lack of info, so posted to SamsungUK on Twitter, and got this reply:

Hi Jim. How are you? We're not aware of this issue, however we'd like to help. Please send us a DM with further details, including the model number of your watch, and we will look into this for you. ^AL

https://twitter.com/caer_luel/status/1351081300095074304

0 Likes
DASHman
Apprentice
Options

@samsung this issue is still not resolved.

I got the first galaxy watch active and I get like eight hours of usage. Insane battery drain. Did both a hard and a soft reset, tried reinstalling Samsung wearable and Samsung health on the phone and tried everything I found online... 

0 Likes