Support

Open search

Watch Active insane battery drain after update

Highlighted

Hi.

We have the same problem. Ative watch v1

Till now no solution found ?... ate did we not get it? In Europe?

What update did samsung do to improve the battery  life?. My wife watch battery after not even one day use and all apps switched of at the minimum.... before a few months ago was fine.

Highlighted

Watch will only hold a charge for 5-6 hours.  It use to be 2-3 days.  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Before all thos COVID-19 stuff I had been in contact with samsung via chat. They went through troubleshooting but to no success. Then asked me to send the watch to them via post. I have again attempted to contact them as my watch is not registered on my account - only my phone. I cant send the watch until it is registered. I have tried a couple of times to send an email to Samsung to help with this issue but have not received a reply. 

Allison 
Highlighted
First Poster

I switched from an Android phone to an iPhone at the start of the year , and immediately notice a big drop in battery life, from over two days to less than one. Samsung Health is the highest battery user, but it is such a basic metric I'm not sure I trust it. Some tools for exploring battery performance would be useful.

Highlighted
Apprentice
If you go to the phone app on your watch, dial *#06# it brings up a QR code that you can scan from your phone in the Samsung members app, this will then register your watch against your account
Highlighted
First Poster

A bunch of apps updated today, including Samsung Health. The watch has been on for 10hrs but only dropped by 12%.

Highlighted
Samsung Helper
Great thank you
Highlighted

When I switch my phone from android to iphone recently, the battery drain very fast. After I update all the apps on my galaxy watch active through the Galaxy Watch app on my iphone, the battery performance resume normal, thanks!

Highlighted
First Poster

I haven't changed anything, but my watch has drained in less than 24hrs over the last two days.  Samung Health is showing up as the major energy user.  I'm going to recharge it, then disable automatic activity detection, and see if that helps.

Highlighted
First Poster
Mine started AFTER the update....
Top Liked Authors