Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty not valid when buying from other EU-state?

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 11:35 AM)
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

I bought Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch, which didn't last but 6 months. I tried to get it repaired in Finland. Service company coundn't fix it because no parts were available. 

Guarantee terms and EU regulations say I can get it fixed or replaced in any EU state. Watch was bought from Amazon.de Germany. Is there a reason why Samsung does not follow EU regulations or Finnish law or its own guarantee terms?

Repair shop tells to contact Samsung and Samsung Finland to contact repair shop.

16 REPLIES 16
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
I can't really advice but I'll comment and like in the hopes this gains traction.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Were you advised by Samsung to use that service company ie did you make a warranty claim?
0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

Yes, Samsung says they decide at The repair shop about refunds and replacement products. I also made a ticket at Samsung website.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So, are you saying they have refused your claim? I'm not sure why this hasn't progressed.
0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

Yes they refused my claim! Reason was, because it was bought from different EU -state. Even though warranty card says clearly that it does not matter where it is bought from (in EU).

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

They just posted my broken watch back to me and refused to talk on the phone. Customer "service" guy even asked why I have to make things so hard.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you got that in writing? Can you show the wording on here? Make sure not to reveal any personal information.
0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

It is in Finnish language. They told me they will send report with my broken watch.

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

0 Likes