Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro - SIM_APDU_NULL_RESPONSE

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 04:05 PM)
Members_qYn1eh6
First Poster
Options

I recently bought (about 6 weeks ago) the Watch pro 5 LTE version. It was excellent in terms of battery life initially without an Esim installed.

I then noticed one of my contracts with a sim I don't use supported esim. Got the QR code, scanned it with the wearables app and starting setting it up. It failed to install properly and I started getting im "Sim busy, please wait error code 'SIM_APDU_NULL_RESPONSE'" error messages.

Also the battery started draining really fast. 100% to 0% in about 6 hours of doing nothing.

Spoke to support who blamed the network, but the esim never registered. Just got in stuck state on the watch.

Trying to remove it also failed with the same error.

After confirming with support, I factory reset the watch. On restart, the sim was no longer listed, however, I still get the SIM_APDU_NULL_RESPONSE error.

Again spoke to support and arranged to send to repair partner. The watch was returned within a few days, but nothing was fixed. Stiil get the SIM_APDU_NULL_RESPONSE error message and battery lasts ~ 6 hours with nothing installed and not being used. Even with mobile on auto or even turned off completely.

3rd time with support and asked to take to Samsug store which I plan to do on Thursday. I'm not holding much hope. This seems to be a software bug where the esim is trying to connect but can't. Its not registered and not visable as installed so cannot remove it.

The watch is practically useless now at 6 hours without anything installed. If i try to use GPS, i would expect it will only last about 4 hours on 100%

If the store cannot fix, I would like to return under warranty or if it comes to it, consumer credit act to repair or replace.

Anyone seen this or have a solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Members_qYn1eh6
First Poster
Options

I guess this is a rare issue given there are no replies.

Hopefully will be able to take into Samsung store with a view to getting the issue resolved or watch replaced.

Is this the correct route to get repaired or replaced under warranty? The send-in to repair partner was useless.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Members_qYn1eh6 , It's not one I've come across, so I'm inclined to agree that it's a rare issue. 

As regards a store visit, sometimes an in-person demonstration helps with being able to replicate the issue, but I'd have thought that the send-in-to repair would've sorted something like you're reporting the first time around - especially if it's not intermittent. With you thinking it's a software issue did you submit an error report for it?

Members_qYn1eh6
First Poster
Options

I've not submitted an error report. Where can I do that? I'm trying to book in for an experience store appointment, but proving difficult. Won't let me book online as already been in for repair. Directs me to chat, who direct me to call 0333 344 1916. When I finally get put through to the store, it tells me they are not open and call back in opening hours - which it is! Getting towards the end of my tether with it now. Will try tomorrow to call but not holding much hope!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

You should be able to send an error report through the Wearables app. We've got a guide on how do that here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-wearables-how-to-send-error-reports-for-galaxy/...  If you're on the latest software versions you might need to click into the Settings cogwheel on the top right after Step 1 in that guide ('1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app and tap the 'more' icon (3 lines) on the left-hand side.') in order to get to the 'Contact us' bit, but the rest of it is pretty much the same from then on.

Members_qYn1eh6
First Poster
Options

Still struggling with this issue despite the watch being sent into repair partner twice. Just comes back unresolved.

Looks like I'll have to raise small claims court case as despite sending in videos of the error to uk.technical@samsung.com, no-one is getting back to me.

0 Likes