Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Watch 5 / Galaxy S22 +

(Topic created on: 13-08-2023 07:10 PM)
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
I have a Watch 5 that over the last 7 months had probably discontend from my mobile about 20 times. The only way to reconnect is to factory reset the watch. I have probably called samsung 10 times and spent hours on the phone with them. Eventually they changed the motherboard on the phone but that didn't fix it. I then got EE to change the phone and that didn't fix it. I took the watch into John Lewis in its faulty state and now they are saying that they are unable to reproduce the error and say that they only warranty the hardware and not the software. When I left the phone with John Lewis I provided details of all the calls, and remediation activities and screenshot of the various error messages. I also took the assistant through the issue on my watch and demonstrated that it will not connect. 

1) What do I do - samsung and John Lewis are just playing me of against each other. The watch is less than 1 years old

2) Surely John Lewis have to take responsibility to repair, but replace it refund
4 REPLIES 4
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
This is really challenging, sorry to hear your frustration, hope an expert from here will assist you.
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
I had this issue on my watch 5 Pro but it wasn't my 23 ultra it was the watch as my Galaxy 4 classic watch was fine had no problems with that but after doing a watch swap the problem stopped and I've just got the Galaxy watch 6 and no problems so far,
I kept factory resetting watch and it seemed to get better..
0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options

Interesting that you had a similar problem. I'm sure there are others or there. My experience is that is that the issue is being source. It used to be that a reset was required once a month, but now it's once or twice a week.

Sumsung have been pretty useless in resolving/troubleshooting the issue. I can't belive that they dont have the ability to turn on a debug function to generate a log to help with problem solving. Their ability to resolve connection issues between their devices is best described as pathetic and their attitude as indifferent. 

0 Likes
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
John Lewis definitely have to do something. It's not fit for purpose.

Did you pay by credit card. I'm sure there's insurance in any purchase made by credit card. Check with your provider.

Last resort...citizens advice bureau..

One more option..trade the watch in for a watch 6....!!!!!
0 Likes