Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty not valid when buying from other EU-state?

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 11:35 AM)
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

I bought Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch, which didn't last but 6 months. I tried to get it repaired in Finland. Service company coundn't fix it because no parts were available. 

Guarantee terms and EU regulations say I can get it fixed or replaced in any EU state. Watch was bought from Amazon.de Germany. Is there a reason why Samsung does not follow EU regulations or Finnish law or its own guarantee terms?

Repair shop tells to contact Samsung and Samsung Finland to contact repair shop.

16 REPLIES 16
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

Kello oli takuuhuollossa Aito Support Vantaalla ja sain tekstiviestin:
"Samsung-laitteenne huoltonumerollamme HT 202050312 on
valmis noudettavaksi. Valitettavasti huoltoa ei voitu suorittaa, koska
tarvittavia varaosia ei ole tilattavissa laitevalmistajalta, eikä niiden
saatavuudesta ole edelleenkään luotettavaa arviota. Pahoittelemme
tilannetta. Ystävällisin terveisin Samsing Support Center"
Miten minun tulee toimia, jotta saan takuunalaisen tuotteeni korjattua
tai vaihdettua uuteen, mikäli korjaus ei huollon viestin mukaisesti ole
mahdollista?

Hei ! Kiitos viestistäsi.

Ikävä kuulla, että laitteen korjaus ei ole ollut mahdollista osien
puutteen takia. Tekninen tukemme ei valitettavasti pysty antamaan lisätietoja tästä, sillä huolto toimii erillisenä tahona. Tästä kannattaa olla vielä yhteydessä huoltoliikkeeseen, että saisit lisä tietoja asiasta. Huoltoliike tekee aina lopulliset päätökset siitä, mitä laitteelle tehdään. Tukemme ei valitettavasti voi valtuuttaa vaihtoa tai hyvitystä, mutta voisit kysyä onko tällainen ratkaisu mahdollinen jos osia ei saada.
Ystävällisin terveisin,

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

I finally got an email adress from live chat, I can send reclamation to. Let's see if it works.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, I've just read that teaxt. I think you may have misunderstood. The service people are saying that they cant' repair the watch and that it needs to be replaced. They only inspect the watches and can't authorise its replacement so you need to speak with Samsung as they can do this.

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying. Hopefully it is closer to being resolved.

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer1
Explorer
Options

No, they clearly say that service people are the ones making decisions on replacing/refunding products. They also say they would give me refund, if watch was bought from Nordic country. I haven't got any response to my email from Samsung Finland.  They say they response in 1-2 days, but there in no answer since last Friday.

0 Likes
loslunes60
First Poster
Options

Somethin similar happened to me. I bought a pair of Samsung Galaxy LiveBuds on an online shop and they sent me to Spain the product. The buds neither connected to the phone nor to the Galaxy Wearable app. Rang to support and the concluded saying that the product wasnt aimed at the european market, that I  should send it back to the online shop I bought it. Things makes me bring up a few questions such as:

1. Shouldn´t Samsung  indicate clearly on the packaging the target markets or tell the distributor to be aware of this peculiarity?

2. We all can understand that products such as computers, tvs or cell phones must be localized but earbuds??? It's ridiculous. 

Anybody knows how to lever up this issue to support representatives?

Thanks

0 Likes