Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Galaxy Tab S6 to Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 01:42 PM)
Emmalou19888
First Poster
Options

I recently had the misfortune to discover my A3-2017 had a broken screen,

I placed the sim card into my new tab s6 and transferred apps and photos and tried to set up my Galaxy Watch (sm-r815f) to synchronise notifications.

The wearable app on the Tab S6 only shows Galaxy Buds, Buds+ and Gear IconX as a pickable device,

If the option "Mine's not here" is selected the Watch is not discovered.

I have added the Watch to the Tab S6 in the Bluetooth menu, but still the wearable app does not display the Watch. 

As the Watch REQUIRES setup via the app my device is now a £200 paperweight unless someone can offer help.

23 REPLIES 23
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @Emmalou19888! Firstly, make sure that the Samsung Gear App, the Watch and the tablet's software are all up to date. Also, check that the Bluetooth is turned on for both the tablet and the watch. Then on your tablet, go to: Settings > Apps > Bluetooth Share > Storage > Clear Data. Do this for Samsung Gear Manager app as well, and restart the tablet. Can you connect the watch now?

0 Likes
Boldra
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem

1. How do you apply updates on the watch before it has been paired?

2. How to you check Bluetooth is enabled?

3. I do not have a Bluetooth sharing app. Which app exactly is meant?

RyanBart
First Poster
Options
Theres no default "Bluetooth Share" app in tab s6. Are you saying we need to download this from playstore?
5ways
First Poster
Options

Same...

I use a Samsung Tab S6 and a Unihertz Atom. I bought the Samsung Galaxy Watch but it won't connect reliably to the phone and the apps wont work on the tablet. I'll give it 24 hours then Costco can have it back.

0 Likes
Luay
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue, please help, I did root the device to solve this issue but no way. It refuses to acr as a mobile phone.
0 Likes
Luay
First Poster
Options

I did root my tab s6 and install watch active 2 plugin as flashable zip file, also no way, this is to fair to have a tablet with watch from the same vendor but not working, is there any way to use them together? 

0 Likes
Pdiddy62
First Poster
Options

If you read the compatibility of the Watch Active 2, it does not work with tablets.

0 Likes
Luay
First Poster
Options

Thank you,

please advise for another watch which compatible with my tablet to Read the notifications. 

0 Likes
mp3addict
First Poster
Options

I hope they make adjustments and just let it be compatible with s6 tab  or the lte version too

0 Likes