Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Galaxy Tab S6 to Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 01:42 PM)
Emmalou19888
First Poster
Options

I recently had the misfortune to discover my A3-2017 had a broken screen,

I placed the sim card into my new tab s6 and transferred apps and photos and tried to set up my Galaxy Watch (sm-r815f) to synchronise notifications.

The wearable app on the Tab S6 only shows Galaxy Buds, Buds+ and Gear IconX as a pickable device,

If the option "Mine's not here" is selected the Watch is not discovered.

I have added the Watch to the Tab S6 in the Bluetooth menu, but still the wearable app does not display the Watch. 

As the Watch REQUIRES setup via the app my device is now a £200 paperweight unless someone can offer help.

23 REPLIES 23
dgdx79
First Poster
Options

Hi, are you sure that there are no other chance to connect watch active 2 with tab s6?

I bought watch just some days ago and I discover this while trying connecting each other!

Thanks

0 Likes
engin
First Poster
Options

I have Tab A 10.1 with Spen Lte version. I have the same connection problem with my Active 2. on the tab there is no any option other than connecting to earbuds. 

jordantadic
First Poster
Options

The lack of this functionality is infuriating because it seems intentionally exclusive. I'm returning the three watches we got for our children due to this issue. So lame to block common sense interoperability between two flagship products of the same "Galaxy" branding. 

JosipG
First Poster
Options

Same thing here trying to pair Galaxy Tab s5e and Watch 3. Samsung, this is so disappointing. Care to provide the reason for this limitation? I thought if I sticked to expensive Samsung products, everything should be fine but what a disappointment! 

Joshua McCallum
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat... I quit samsung when they refused to replace my s7 when the battery expanded so bad it cracked the back glass telling me I had to be responsible. Bought a galaxy tab s5e because of the display in hopes of using it with the galaxy watch s3 frontier ... no luck

asp-me
First Poster
Options

It's probably a bit late now but, you can set up a watch without a phone. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/

I am currently having my note 9 repaired by a Samsung store contractor (which is not going to plan at all) and I thought I would be able to get by with just my tablet and watch (both Samsung). Not the case! The guy at the Samsung store managed to pair my watch and tablet (he first paired the watch to a store phone then connected the two via bluetooth) which enabled me to receive calls to my tablet on my watch but I accidentally overwrote the settings and haven't been able to get back to that. So, if you have a spare phone (or someone else's phone), might be worth trying that too.

But yes, I, too, am thinking of migrating away from Samsung. The painful repair process, the inability to have two of their devices link up properly, the lack of Android 11 upgrade for Note 9 when it's basically the same as Note 10 Lite... it's all very frustrating!

Julie221271
Apprentice
Options
Please can someone tell me if you can pair the Samsung Galaxy 4 watch to a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lte. I tried a few years ago with the Samsung Gear but with no luck. I use my tablet as a phone AND tablet, so thought the idea of getting a watch would be good.....but don't want to waste my money. Any advice would be much appreciated
0 Likes
hemantkarkhanis
Student
Options

Hi All,

You need to root your tablet to connect your watch. I am using Tab S3 and Gear S3 since last 4 years. Here is the method.

1. Download and install BuildProp Editor from Google play store.

2. Download and install magisk.

3. During first run it will ask for super user permission (ROOT IS MUST). Grant it forever from magisk.

4. On top right corner, there is edit button. Go in edit mode.

5. Scroll down for word tablet. Replace it with mobile

6. Scroll down for model number (SM-T825 something like this). Replace it with any flagship samsung mobile as Note os S series (SM-N950 or SM-G or something like this) (find this on Google)

7. Restart your tablet

8. Now all UI will be like mobile and not Tablet 😊😊.

9. Open Samsung store (Galaxy store). Dont update anything.

10. Search for GEAR app. Install. Run

11. Search for your watch........ and....... setup it. It will download all the files needed for Watch.

12. Now after full setup and connection of Tab + Watch reopen BuildProp Editor and restore all names those you edited (mobile to tablet and SM-N/ SM-G to SM-T) and restart your Tablet

13. I did same thing looooooong back and they both are connected.

14. Enjoy...

Again I am mentioning here that ROOT IS MUST

0 Likes
Julie221271
Apprentice
Options

What is magisk? There's nothing on plasterer, is there another you can use....with dummy instructions, as I wanted to follow your instructions to connect watch (classic 4) to Tab s6 lite, but can't do it at all....so frustrating! Hope you can help?

0 Likes
Julie221271
Apprentice
Options

Play store...not plasterer......predictive text!!

0 Likes