Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport will not boot

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 07:27 PM)
Boslizzi
First Poster
Options

I have had a Gear Sport since Christmas 2018 and then this past November 2019 the watch stopped working.  I found out my watch was covered under warranty till February 2020.  I sent the watch in and was told that it was water damage and that water damage is not covered.  I was a bit surprised as I do not recall wearing my watch in the water but was in a very bad rain storm riding my bike, but would this cause water damage?  If this is the case then there seems there may be a   defect with the watch as I feel that one should be able to take a sports watch on a bike ride in the rain.  As I researched I saw that the watch also has a mode for swimming so if this is the case isnt the watch waterproof?  

I was very disapointed in the response from Samsung as they told me that there was nothing they can do?  I understand if I was in the ocean swimming and submerged under water but, I was on my road bike in a storm.  I depend on my Samsung watch for a Health Condition as I need to keep continue track of my heart rate.  Looks like I will need to research another watch such as Garmin or fitbit as Samsung does not want to stand by their product and I do not want to continue supporting a business that does not support their customers.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0