Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch Ultra battery!

(Topic created on: 22-07-2024 05:51 AM)
182_blue
Pioneer
Options
Just got my Samsung ultra watch and charged it put it on and went to bed, got up this morning and battery dropped from 100% down to 44%!, surely this isn't normal?.
Any ideas? 
8 REPLIES 8
Rob99
Voyager
Options
It depends on what settings you have. If you're doing the full sleep monitoring package and / or have continuous stress / heart rate monitoring on, or always on display enabled, then the battery will drain quicker.

However, I've found Samsung batteries need a couple of recharge cycles to enable their full capacity. So it should improve over time.
182_blue
Pioneer
Options
I basically used my back up of my watch 6 classic, that would be on about 85% overnight, there was a blue icon in the bottom of the watch so something had been playing or running overnight, I'm going to see how it goes today.
GeorgeNero
Explorer
Options
I think the first few days it will deplete the battery quite quickly because the watch ultra will be trying to learn your habits and tailor the energy consumption of the watch based on the data collected over a period of 2 to 5 days. Example: Day 1 battery 100% and next morning it's 44%. Day 2 recharged watch back to 100% and wore watch about same timeas day before; following day battery was 80%. Similarly, the energy score does not show up Day 1 until it gets some of your biometrics and does some calculations. Hope that helps . Personal experience shared.
182_blue
Pioneer
Options
Hope that's what it's doing, I charged it again and in two hours it's gone down to 97% so that's better.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If you moving from a BT to 4G watch it will drain faster, but give it time to learn and i would suggest a clean install not a restore a Watch 6 backup.

REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes
182_blue
Pioneer
Options
Well it is obviously a 4g watch but I haven't set it up as 4g yet, my plan was to do a fresh install but just didn't want to have to find all my music etc again.
0 Likes
mark770
Voyager
Options
Fully charged mine and had on since Saturday 10pm until Monday same time and still 15% charged (17hrs). Over the moon tbh and around 24 hrs more than my watch 6 classic. Turned off AOD but have constant HR tracking with sleep tracking. Have done gym workout Sunday and Monday.
0 Likes
182_blue
Pioneer
Options
Well not sure what I had done in the first day but charged it last night and wore it from 10pm and as of now at 7pm the next day it's still on 72% so pretty happy with that as that's one run and a bike ride.
0 Likes